HOF Capital is a global multi-stage VC firm that invests in category-defining technology companies and Web3 projects (e.g., Alibaba, Stripe, SpaceX, Uber, Epic Games, FTX, SoFi, Terra, etc.). The firm has grown to $1B+ of AUM in the past 3 years while achieving top-tier investment performance.
Due to this rapid growth, HOF Capital is seeking a high-potential Data Science Intern to join its team. The Data Science Intern will interact directly with senior team members and apply data science to improve various aspects of the firm's investment process, including sourcing, due diligence, and portfolio support post-investment. In other words, the Data Science Intern will play a key role in the evolution and success of a fast-growing, dynamic, and entrepreneurial firm, as well as the technology companies and Web3 projects that it partners with.
Previous interns have succeeded at earning full-time positions at HOF Capital or gone on to work for some of the world's leading technology companies and investment firms including Google X, Facebook, Uber, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Jane Street, BlackRock, and Goldman Sachs.
HOF Capital welcomes applications throughout the year, and the firm's internships typically range from 3 to 12 months.
HOF Capital does not sponsor visas for international students.
• Currently enrolled at a top-tier university.
• Majoring in data science, statistics, or a related field of study.
• Excellent academic performance.
• Outstanding analytical skills.
• Disciplined, responsible, and self-motivated.
• Diligent, thorough, and attentive to details.
• Genuine passion for technology and investing.
The ideal candidate should be excited to::
• Research and evaluate important questions that require data to accurately answer.
• Determine what data points are needed to accurately answer these questions.
• Gather, normalize, and run statistical analyses on these data points.
• Present the results and provide possible explanations for them.
• Help convert these results into meaningful business insights and improvements.
• Collaborate with other members of HOF Capital’s team to drive forward other firm initiatives as needed.