HOF Capital is a global multi-stage VC firm that invests in category-leading technology companies and decentralized protocols (e.g., Alibaba, Stripe, SpaceX, Uber, Epic Games, FTX, SoFi, Terra, etc.).
The firm has grown to $1B+ of AUM in the past 3 years while achieving top-decile investment performance.
Due to this rapid growth, the firm is seeking a high-potential Finance & Accounting Senior Associate to join its team.
• Work with the operations teams on a daily basis to lead the firm's FP&A function.
• Work with the investment and operations teams on a daily basis to ensure that the accounting books and records are accurate.
• Work with the investment team to monitor investments, update their fair market value when applicable, and analyze their performance.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial/performance reports.
• Ensure financial/accounting compliance with fund governing documents (LPAs, PPMs, etc.) as well as GAAP, GIPS, and SEC requirements.
• Manage financial/performance reporting to LPs and senior management.
• Work with the investor relations team to review and distribute capital call notices, capital distribution notices, partner capital statements, and quarterly investor letters and to prepare responses to periodic investor requests/questions.
• Ensure that all tax information is compiled properly.
• Work with the operations team to improve process and reporting efficiency, including implementing software solutions as needed.
• High quantitative intelligence.
• Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and sense of responsibility.
• Exceptional attention to details.
• Team player.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
• At least 1 year of professional accounting, fund performance reporting, or business valuation experience.
• At least 1 year of VC or PE fund accounting or performance reporting experience at a top-tier VC/PE or accounting firm, or at least 1 year of business valuation experience at a top-tier investment bank or investment firm.
• Quantitative degree (e.g., finance, accounting, STEM, etc.) from a top-tier university.
• High quantitative standardized test scores.