We are look for a well organized, multi-tasking, individual to coordinate preparation of food and its delivery from the kitchen to the table to ensure our IHOP guests get great food in a timely manner. Food safety and attention to detail is paramount as this position is the final check and balance before our guests are delivered our world famous menu items!
What will we ask of you?
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP Team Members.
- Prepare and garnish food for delivery to guest following IHOP SOP manuals.
- Complete the minimal IHOP Academy training necessary to master our menu and service standards.
- Communicate Servers’ food orders and service requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Memorize and apply IHOP terminology, abbreviations and methodologies.
- Identify food that is incorrect and remedy the problem before it is sent to the guest.
- Pull foods in order to check sold.
- Know the table numbers in the restaurant and be prepared to run food to guests.
- Be aware of time; keep tabs on how long items have been in the window; find out why something has not been delivered quickly (i.e. lost check or check not thrown by cook); make sure guests are not kept waiting or are given a reason why.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items and how the food should appear on the plate (including correct garnish and plating).
- Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the service areas and dining room.
- Comply with all federal, state and local food safety and sanitation regulations as well as the IHOP service standards.
- Clean and clear pass bar areas and maintain sanitation standards.
- Perform all cleaning duties according to the posted cleaning charts.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager or acting supervisor.
What qualifies you for this position?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to read and write guest checks and simple correspondence.
- Ability to read and speak English well enough to communicate with guests, understand guest checks and instructions.
- Ability to use simple math to prep and portion food items per recipes, oral instructions, or charts.
- Ability to problem solve service delay issues and create solutions on how to best fix them to make the guest happy.
- Ability to multi-task and function fast and accurately in a constant fast paced, stressful environment.
What will we physically ask of you?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Regularly required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to talk or hear in a moderate to load environment.
- Must be bale to taste or smell food items.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must to able to be on your feet for your entire shift, constantly moving, lifting, stretching, and carrying items.
- Will be handling hot plates, glasses, knives, utensils, and working around heat lamps, microwaves and beverage machines.
- Flexible Hours - Part time
- Extensive Training
- Employee Meal Program:
- 50% discount on employee meals when consumed during meal break periods!
Eligible for the following benefits after 12 months of consecutive service:
- Life Insurance/Critical Illness/Accident Plan
Opportunity to cross train for other positions