Looking for those special restaurant Hosts with the "hospitality gene"! That driving desire to give outstanding, attentive guest service with a positive attitude, warm smile and your personal touch, to each and every guest as they enter and leave your restaurant.
IHOP serves smiles along with our world famous menu items that bring smiles to our guests with every bite they take. If you love the appreciation you receive from a guest who comes into your restaurant hungry but leaves happy, this is the job for you! It it makes your day to know that you made the day for the guests you serve, this is the job for you! Come join our smiling, caring, IHOP team!
What will we ask of you?
- Open door for guests entering and leaving the restaurant with a warm Welcome to IHOP and a genuine Thank you for dining with us!
- Promptly greet and seat of our guests at clean, sanitary "guest ready" tables.
- Accommodates guests as needed with high chairs, booster chairs, menus, disabilities.
- Manage a wait list when the restaurant is busy.
- Know the menu to help our guests order who phone in to-go orders.
- Enter your guests orders into our POS system terminals or tablets, timely and accurately.
- Deliver food and beverages to our outside and delivery guests in a timely fashion.
- Follow all server banking procedures for delivering guests checks, collecting and processing payments accurately.
- Clear, clean and reset tables and clean chairs, booths and floors and maintain the overall appearance of the restaurant during and after guests leave.
- Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the host areas and dining room.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations as well as the IHOP Service standards for maintaining a clean, sanitary and safe workplace.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager or acting supervisor.
- Complete the IHOP Academy Training program for your position.
Who qualifies for this job?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties.
Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with our guests, other team members, and management. (Instructions, correspondence, and postings)
- Must be able to comprehend our systems used for serving our guests, safety and sanitation standards, operating procedures and guidelines. (read and write guest checks, POS terminal screens, or KDS screens.)
- Must be able to handle and count money transactions accurately and responsibly.
- Must be a multi-tasker, able to maintain our service standards timely and professionally.
- Must be able to solve basic service issues with guests with patience, professionalism, and common curtesy.
- Must be flexible within reason, sometimes working shifts lasting various times.
- Must be "available" to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be a team player, supporting others you work with to ensure everyone succeeds.
- Must be comfortable and can perform in a fast paced, sometimes noisy, environment.
What physically must you be able to do?
These physical demands may be required of you at any time during your employment with us. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must also expect to be on your feet the majority of your shift.
- Must be able to carry up to 25 lbs. periodically throughout your shift delivering food and beverages, or restoking service areas.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching to perform cleaning and maintenance of the restaurant throughout your shift.
- Flexible hours - Full, Part time, and Seasonal hours available
- Extensive training
- Employee Meal Program:
- 50% discount on employee meals when consumed during your meal break!
Eligible for the following benefits after 12 months of consecutive service:
- Life Insurance/Critical Illness/Accident Plan
Opportunity for advancement into management for the right person!