Lip lick'n drink sling-ers need only apply on the ranch....Jack's Ranch!
Bartenders at Jack's Ranch mix and serve alcoholic beverages based on customer requests. Their duties include verifying the identification and age of customers, preparing, and serving alcoholic beverages, accepting payment from customers, cleaning glasses and bar utensils and balancing cash receipts to record sales.
- Verify identification and age requirements of customers
- Mix traditional and creative cocktails
- Process payment from customers
- Clean glasses and bar utensils
- Make suggestions based on customer tastes and preferences
- Record and balance cash receipts and prepare cash deposits
- Open and maintain tabs throughout their shift
- Build a rapport with regular customers to create a positive, hospitable atmosphere
Jack's Ranch Bartenders are in must have experience managing drink orders at a restaurant, pub, hotel, club, or private event, keeping customers satisfied during meals and gatherings. Our bartenders must have extensive knowledge of common drinks to recommend drinks to customers, prepare cocktails, pour beers, and properly decant wines. Jack's Ranch bartenders also entertain customers who sit at the bar by providing stimulating conversation and excellent customer service, while filling drink orders for other customers. Their role is to ensure that customers are of legal drinking age and then prepare a requested drink to their specifications.
Jack’s Ranch Bartenders usually require some experience in a hospitality or food and beverage position. Experience as a Server, Hostess or Front Desk Agent is helpful. Our bartenders will likely have at least one to two years’ experience in a high-end bar or restaurant, though bartending or mixology school can serve as a substitute.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Knowledge of mixology for traditional and creative cocktails
- Understanding of unique and complementary flavor pairings
- Impeccable customer service and social perceptiveness
- Ability to evaluate customer satisfaction and responsiveness
- Ability to enforce company policies regarding the consumption of alcohol
- Accountability in maintaining inventory and processing payments
- Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
Jack's Ranch Bartenders are extremely personable and excellent at multitasking so that they can simultaneously take orders from customers at the counter, interact with wait staff and pour drinks without making mistakes. They must also have a great memory, so that they can keep a mental list of the ingredients in signature cocktails specific to their menu, in addition to popular drinks that customers commonly order. We would like to have Bartenders who may also have the physical dexterity and agility to perform bar tricks to entertain their customers.
On a typical day, a Jack’s Ranch bartender starts their shift by checking inventory and making note of what liquors, beers, wines and garnishes are out of stock. They polish glasses, organize the bar, and set out drink mats, napkins and straws. Once the bar opens, they chat with customers and make suggestions for drinks they might enjoy. In between making drinks for customers, bartenders will wipe down the bar to keep it clean and sanitary for new customers. At the end of their shift, they do a deep clean of the counters, kegs and floors.
- Benefits: Health, vision and dental insurance (full time employees)
- Paid time off (Full time employees)
- Shift Meal Discount
- On-the-job training
- Complimentary uniforms
- Competitive pay & Referral Bonuses
- Great work life balance
- Flexible schedules
- Positive Working atmosphere
- Fun environment/team
- Employee appreciation events- Ice Cream, Picnics and more!
- Being a new restaurant we have a ton of opportunity for you to grow with us in your career!
- This is a tipped position, salary based expected average tips + hourly rate