You are the life of the party, bring your energy and excitement to the ranch and show us how you do it .... at Jack's Ranch!
You are the first impression! A Host at Jack's Ranch sets the tone, welcoming customers in to experience our incredible food and warm hospitality. Hosts also ensure guests are seated promptly and receive attentive service. Duties include maintaining a wait-list of patrons during busy meal service, handing out menus, accepting phone calls and taking reservations.
Responsibilities of a Host:
- Greet customers as they walk into the restaurant
- Help guests with their dining reservations and guide them to their table
- Give guests accurate wait time estimates and seat them in the waiting area
- Provide customers with menus and answer any initial questions they may have
- Optimize seating at different tables to ensure even workload for wait staff
- Answer phones and schedule reservations for large parties--
- Opens door for guests arriving and departing.
- Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities.
- Process To-Go and Delivery Orders
- Manage Wait List when the restaurant is busy
- Providing menu recommendations and additional information.
- Upselling additional products when appropriate.
- Taking orders using software, order slips, or by memorization.
- Communicating order details to the kitchen staff.
- Delivering food and beverages in a timely fashion to outside guests.
- Delivering checks and collecting bill payments.
- Cleaning and maintaining the appearance of the restaurant
- Providing exceptional customer experience.
Host Job Requirements:
Hosts at Jack's Ranch welcome diners to the Restaurant, making them feel welcome while providing
attentive service from the moment a guest enters the dining room. They are also in charge of fairly
assigning tables to waitstaff so that servers can split the workload and get a fair opportunity to earn
tips during their shift. Hosts lead guests to their tables, manage reservations and communicate with
front of house staff about when they have a new party in their section. Hosts also support bussers in
clearing tables, wiping down menus and organizing silverware.
- Prior customer service experience in the hospitality industry
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills and phone etiquette
- Flexibility when working alternating shifts
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
A successful Host at Jack's Ranch will have a friendly and welcoming demeanor and a true understanding of hospitality. A great Host remains calm under pressure and is able to keep track of
how many tables each Server is managing, how many people are in each party and when a new table is likely to become available. They communicate clearly and are highly organized, able to quickly call customers when their table is ready, while greeting new diners at the door. A successful Host is helpful, fair, composed and professional at all times.
- Benefits: Health, vision and dental insurance (full time employees)
- Paid time off (Full time employees)
- Shift Meal Discount
- On-the-job training
- Complimentary uniforms
- Competitive pay & Referral Bonuses
- Great work life balance
- Flexible schedules
- Positive Working atmosphere
- Fun environment/team
- Employee appreciation events- Ice Cream, Picnics and more!
- Being a new restaurant we have a ton of opportunity for you to grow with us in your career!