In Jeff Ruby’s words, “our employees are our
most important asset”. As such, we provide phenomenal benefits available
to all of our employees including:
- Paid Maternity Leave
- 100% Company Paid Health and Life Insurance Plans.*
- Paid Time Off.
- Immediate enrollment into a 401(k) savings plan with company match after 1 year.
- Group Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, FSA, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Schedules.
- Long Term Career Growth Opportunities
Position Description: Sushi Chef
Responsible for properly preparing various types of Sushi and to ensure that
all presentations are aesthetically appealing and adhere to the Jeff Ruby
standard of quality. Create high quality sushi including cooking rice,
rolling sushi, temperature recording.
- Practice, regulate, and communicate purchasing, receiving, inventory control, and purveyor relationships
- Train and supervise S&RB staff in line with JRCE standards.
- Develop and practice proficiency in systems pertinent to Sushi
- Engage in relevant Research & Development opportunities to bring new ideas, follow trends, and improve Menu offerings to enhance Guest experiences.
- Maintain positive Guest relations at all times.
- Ensure that Guests are having a pleasurable experience, are excited, and are satisfied.
- Resolve any Guest complaints, ensuring Guest satisfaction.
- Anticipate needs of Guests, respond, acknowledge, and interact with Guests, however busy.
- Maintain menu knowledge and attention to detail plate presentation.
- Ability to stand and walk during 6 to 8 hour shifts
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and wipe
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 60 pounds.
Required Education and /or Experience:
- At least three years experience as a Specialty Sushi Chef or a similar position
- Working knowledge of weights and measurements
- Working knowledge of Japanese seafood techniques
- Advanced knife skills
- Comprehension of English, both oral and written
- Solid knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Solid knowledge of sanitation practices
- Professional appearance and demeanor