WHO ARE WE?
The way we pay for healthcare in America today is fundamentally broken, burdened by layers of avoidable inefficiencies that drive up costs while creating damaging delays in the process.
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: retool how we pay for healthcare to create a more cost-effective and simply effective -- experience for employers, patients and providers alike.
The Nomi Health team, now 70 employees strong worldwide, collaborates under the leadership of game-changing executives hailing from the likes of Imagine Health, Optum, HireVue and Goldman Sachs. In the face of the pandemic, Nomi Health put its direct healthcare model to work, mobilizing to create and deliver effective, efficient and quality COVID-19 solutions to local governments, employers and organizations.
We invite you to join us in this mission.
WHAT IS A DAY IN THE LIFE?
As a Nomi Software Engineer, you will work in Golang to create solutions that will make a difference in the healthcare system. You work to design, develop and install our software solutions. Your duties will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality using Go, Python and Terraform. You will work closely with our founders, engineering team and other key leaders to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design for a modern software payment application system for employee healthcare, doctors and patients. Traditional health insurers have been around for nearly a century and take more of your money than to your care. Your job will be to help fix this problem.
30% of the dollars spent in healthcare don’t go to care, but to the insurance behemoths and middlemen in between. Ultimately, you will make the Nomi Health product user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain doctors and patients/employees and save people money. With that, you’ll contribute to a compelling need to making healthcare digital with easy access to real data and understandable actions and costs.
OK, HOW ABOUT A FEW SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Participate in full lifecycle software development efforts
- Join efforts translating from concept and requirements into buildable software designs
- Produce quality code from specifications and technical designs
- Create code with robust, automated unit tests
- Develop infrastructure code to deploy and operate your components
- Participate in team agile processes, including backlog grooming, sprint planning and iteration demos.
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS WILL HELP ME THRIVE IN THIS ROLE?
- 5-7 years experience of working as a Computer Software Engineer or Software Developer. With 2 years using Golang, or a strong desire to learn Go
- At least 1 year building services for medical payments / insurance company, such as United Healthcare, Blue Cross, Aetna
- Working knowledge of FHIR standards, events, APIs and data schema
- Experience with claims adjudication systems or claims processing systems
- Mastery of agile processes and ceremonies
- Working knowledge of GitHub repositories, mono-repos, and a branch and merge SDLC
- Proficient in Atlassian tools such as Jira for work management, Confluence for design documentation, and working through a sprint-centric delivery process.
- Proficient at writing and maintaining unit and integration tests for code they develop
- Experience in documenting requirements and specifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering OR equivalent experience
- Belief that this American healthcare system can be transformed and medical providers will be at the core
- Contagious passion and belief in what we do
- Knowledge that we succeed and fail as a team