Who We Are
The way healthcare is paid for and delivered in America today is fundamentally flawed, making it cost too much and take too long for most Americans. We pay more for our health care than any other developed country, and yet our healthcare outcomes lag far behind. COVID is a wake up call.
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rewire how we pay for healthcare and how it is delivered in order to create the cost-effective -- and simply effective -- experiences we all deserve as employers, patients and providers.
Our COVID-19 public health programs are a perfect example of a more direct, digital-first health care model at work. Since the start of the pandemic, we have delivered several of the very few “burden-free” testing and vaccination programs in America -- not requiring insurance, a doctor’s note or cost. Our programs have supported millions of Americans with digital scheduling and result delivery and 24-48 hour test result turnaround times, as well as mobile-based programs to take COVID tests and vaccines directly where they are needed most. Our operational know-how means we can deliver these programs to local governments, organizations and employers at among the lowest per unit costs in the country. Today, we are focused on locking arms with governments and organizations on effective COVID response programs that help Americans return to school, work and life.
Having delivered millions of COVID tests and hundreds of thousands of vaccinations to date, Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering integrated care the way it should be. Our mission won’t rest until we rewire health care infrastructure and deliver the kind of health care experience we all deserve in America.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
Day In The Life
What Is A Day In The Life?
As a General Manager, you are responsible for operational perfection, extending Nomi Health locally in the Miami Dade County and other markets under your territory and developing the next generation of Nomi Health talent. Working cross-functionally with our marketing, legal, public affairs, and communication teams will be essential to your success in this role. You will run the business unit, know the geography and develop key relationships for Nomi. Additionally, reporting on testing and immunization volumes and organizing people into local needs will be key.
We are in the midst of massive growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for leaders who are passionate about what they do, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues, and ready to roll up their sleeves to help rewire the healthcare infrastructure in America.
What You'll Do
- Define Nomi Health’'s strategy for the Miami Dade County territory
- Be responsible for your territory's P&L to reach profitability targets
- Oversee deployment and quality of the territory’s supply (i.e. testing and immunization supplies)
- Work with the Policy and Legal teams to oversee, local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Mentor and coach an outstanding team
- Work with cross-functional areas (e.g. Marketing, Finance; Strategy, Legal, Policy, Communications, Strategy, etc.) and peers to deliver results-oriented business goals
- Represent Nomi Health at local events and with local media outlets
- Communicate product/process needs to the executive team and, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, including large team management experience with a consistent record of leading managers
- MBA or other post-experience/executive education degree or program preferred, but not required
- Strong leadership and people management skills - you can set the tone for your team and broader teams in the region; driving towards results while also being empathetic to their challenges - EQ is a must-have
- Focused organizational skills - you’ll need to prioritize and lead hundreds of ongoing processes and projects simultaneously
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking