Who We Are
The way healthcare is paid for and delivered in America today is fundamentally flawed, making it cost too much and take too long for most Americans. We pay more for our health care than any other developed country, and yet our healthcare outcomes lag far behind. COVID is a wake up call.
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rewire how we pay for healthcare and how it is delivered in order to create the cost-effective -- and simply effective -- experiences we all deserve as employers, patients and providers.
Our COVID-19 public health programs are a perfect example of a more direct, digital-first health care model at work. Since the start of the pandemic, we have delivered several of the very few “burden-free” testing and vaccination programs in America -- not requiring insurance, a doctor’s note or cost. Our programs have supported millions of Americans with digital scheduling and result delivery and 24-48 hour test result turnaround times, as well as mobile-based programs to take COVID tests and vaccines directly where they are needed most. Our operational know-how means we can deliver these programs to local governments, organizations and employers at among the lowest per unit costs in the country. Today, we are focused on locking arms with governments and organizations on effective COVID response programs that help Americans return to school, work and life.
Having delivered millions of COVID tests and hundreds of thousands of vaccinations to date, Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering integrated care the way it should be. Our mission won’t rest until we rewire health care infrastructure and deliver the kind of health care experience we all deserve in America.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
Nomi Health is looking for an experienced Laboratory Supervisor who can take charge of molecular testing, with an initial focus on COVID-19 Testing, but with additional panels in the future. In this role, you will be responsible for complex laboratory procedures and has authority over testing personnel. This classification requires extensive knowledge of science and laboratory procedures, specialised molecular diagnostic laboratory test and medical terminology to perform specialised medical laboratory diagnostic tests. The Lab Supervisor will be responsible for employee training and development as well as supervisor and validation protocols, procedures and monitoring and maintaining inventory.
Not only is this an excellent opportunity to work autonomously in an environment where your day-to-day contributions will really make an impact, but this lab location also provides one of the best locales in Utah.
OK, HOW ABOUT A FEW SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Supervises, directs, plans, develops, implements, evaluates and oversees the execution of daily operations of the high complexity testing in a molecular diagnostic laboratory.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision or oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel performing testing and reporting test results.
- Provide resolution of technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory Director and Technical Supervisor/Manager.
- Monitor test performance and manage QA/QC Markers and proficiency testing through CAP the proficiency program.
- Ensure that remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Provide orientation of testing personnel.
- Maintains medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintains medical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains medical laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Facilitates the implementation of new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress in accordance with management direction.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Complies with state and professional continuing education requirements.
WHAT KINDS OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE?
- Previous experience with direct supervision of Laboratory personnel
- Must hold FL State Medical Technologist Supervisor Licenses in the areas of Molecular and Microbiology
- Must meet requirements for General Supervisor under CLIA:
- PhD in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences must have two years of clinical laboratory experience
- With a master’s degree in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences, candidate must have at least 4 years of laboratory experience with at least 2 of those years spent working in a clinical molecular laboratory
- Nationally recognized certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) or a bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related biological science/clinical field must have at least 4 years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Have previously qualified or could have qualified as a general supervisor prior to 2/28/1992.
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS HELP ME THRIVE IN THIS ROLE?
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail Oriented with the ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the Laboratory and the public.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to deliver information and results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively supervise personnel and complete all associated personnel actions in an effective timely manner.
- ·Ability to maintain inventory of chemicals and laboratory equipment.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, Commuter benefits with Great Pay