WHO ARE WE?
The way healthcare is paid for and delivered in America today is fundamentally flawed, making it cost too much and take too long for most Americans. We pay more for our health care than any other developed country, and yet our healthcare outcomes lag far behind. COVID is a wake up call.
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rewire how we pay for healthcare and how it is delivered in order to create the cost-effective -- and simply effective -- experiences we all deserve as employers, patients and providers.
Our COVID-19 public health programs are a perfect example of a more direct, digital-first health care model at work. Since the start of the pandemic, we have delivered several of the very few “burden-free” testing and vaccination programs in America -- not requiring insurance, a doctor’s note or cost. Our programs have supported millions of Americans with digital scheduling and result delivery and 24-48 hour test result turnaround times, as well as mobile-based programs to take COVID tests and vaccines directly where they are needed most. Our operational know-how means we can deliver these programs to local governments, organizations and employers at among the lowest per unit costs in the country. Today, we are focused on locking arms with governments and organizations on effective COVID response programs that help Americans return to school, work and life.
Having delivered millions of COVID tests and hundreds of thousands of vaccinations to date, Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering integrated care the way it should be. Our mission won’t rest until we rewire health care infrastructure and deliver the kind of health care experience we all deserve in America.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
As a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Molecular you will work under general supervision. You will be responsible for performing highly complex laboratory testing procedures. You will figure out acceptability of specimens for testing, prepare clinical specimens and identify specimen related problems.
In this position, you will need to analyze specimens and review and release test results. You will have the means to prepare stock solutions and reagents used in the laboratory. You will then test these based on standard criteria and document all observations.
OK, HOW ABOUT A FEW SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Perform DNA/RNA extraction
- Run polymerase chain reaction equipment (PCR) or qPCR
- Perform all required tasks under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations
- Maintain equipment and records per SOP’s (standard operating procedures) and any other applicable regulations
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Demonstrate initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback
- Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS HELP ME THRIVE IN THIS ROLE?
- 1+ years of clinical reference laboratory work with Molecular techniques required
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, physical, or biological sciences with at least one year of laboratory experience/training/training course required
- Must either have or be eligible to obtain Florida Licence in Microbiology OR Molecular
- FL CLS academic requirements must be met; 24 semester hours of academic science including 6 semester hours of biological sciences and 6 semester hours of chemical sciences;
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Willing to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
$2K sign-on bonus after successful completion of a probationary period, Competitive pay, great culture with benefits, 401(k), and match.