About Nomi Health
Nomi Health's programs have supported millions of Americans with digital scheduling and result delivery and 24-48 hour test result turnaround times, as well as mobile-based programs to take COVID tests and vaccines directly where they are needed most. Today, we are focused on locking arms with governments and organizations on effective COVID response programs that help Americans return to school, work and life. Going forward, we will continue to test for infectious diseases and vaccination programs in America.
What is a Day In The Life?
As a Molecular Laboratory Technologist, Molecular you will work under general supervision. You will be responsible for performing high complexity qPCR testing. If you have a current Florida Technologist License (or eligible), join us now to help.
OK, HOW ABOUT A FEW SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES?
- If you have a current Florida Technologist License (or eligible), join us now to help.
- Perform DNA/RNA extraction
- Run polymerase chain reaction equipment (PCR) or qPCR
- Perform all required tasks under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations
- Maintain equipment and records per SOP’s (standard operating procedures) and any other applicable regulations
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Demonstrate initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback
- Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS HELP ME THRIVE IN THIS ROLE?
- Must either have or be eligible to obtain Florida Licence in Microbiology OR Molecular
- 1+ years of clinical reference laboratory work with Molecular techniques required
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, physical, or biological sciences with at least one year of laboratory experience/training/training course required
- FL CLS academic requirements must be met; 24 semester hours of academic science including 6 semester hours of biological sciences and 6 semester hours of chemical sciences;
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Willing to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
$2K sign-on bonus after successful completion of a probationary period, Competitive pay, great culture with benefits effective on the first day of employment, 401(k), and match.