The Bather is a position within the Resort. We believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail. This is a service-related industry and you should not only be skilled at customer service, but passionate about helping people. The Bather will assume complete responsibility for bathing of our individual bath guests, either while staying at our resort or as a walk-in appointment. There is also availability to cross train at the front desk and/or as a kennel tech.
A Day In The Life
The role of the bather is a little bit wrangler, a little bit lifeguard and a little bit sloppy kiss getter. You’ll help our canine guests feel their best and go home smelling like a new dog. You help our friends smile when their pet parents come to pick them up because they feel like a million bucks. You’ll get wet. You’ll have some fur on you. You’ll probably be exhausted, but you also enjoy the joy of seeing our furry friends be a whole new dog! And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
- Ensure that each guest is treated with respect and dignity
- Ensure that all guests are bathed and that client’s requests are met (within our limitations as a bather)
- Bath services include: Bathing pet per pet parents request, brush out, drying, Nail trims, and ear cleaning.
- Communicate with pet parents to alert them about their services, pick-ups, and any needed info regarding the service.
- Bathers need to be professional and detailed when communicating with Pet parents either in person, via text/email or report cards.
- Bathers should be computer literate as notes need to be made for any important information that would be useful to the other employees, including the pet stylist or management team.
- Bathers are not to give haircuts of any kind. Those are the sole responsibility of the Groomer. This includes but isn’t limited to sanitary trims, and feet/feathers.
- Baths must be completed in a timely manner. Time management is key to be a successful bather.
- Properly maintain all bathing supplies.
- Promptly notify the manager if supplies are needed (bandana, shampoos, etc). Take inventory of items weekly to ensure we do not run out of products.
- Ensure all products are up to date and not expired.
- Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following standards of cleaning and disinfecting bathing areas. See below for details.
- Cleaning is essential: All hair must be swept off floor in a timely manner. Bathing and drying rooms must be cleaned before going home. Bathing/Grooming area must be tidy (windows cleaned, floor mopped, computer station cleaned.)
- Disinfecting of drying rooms is crucial. Use disinfectant daily on all drying rooms.
- All bathing products are to be measured and diluted to standards
- All diluted bottles with product need to be dumped, rinsed and thoroughly cleaned out daily
- Monitor guest’s health while bathing. Report any unusual concerns to a lead, manager on duty, or General Manager
- Ensure the guest has water and a chance to “go potty” if he or she is in the bathing area for over 2 hours.
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests, particularly aggressive guests and escape artists
- Pay specific attention to room tags, (Meds Person to Feed, Aggressive, Separate for Feeding, etc.)
- Adhere to resort pricing guidelines.
- Bathers need to review all prior notes and past pricing before completing the service.
- Effectively communicate to pet care staff that guests are in the grooming area.
- Adhere to procedures in identifying pets while they are in the Spa (groom cards, name bands, etc.)
- Promptly give any laundry to pet care so that it can be cleaned.
- Consult with other departments
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound.
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently.
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.