Best in Show Pet Resort is Long Island’s Premier Pet Resort and is seeking an upbeat and enthusiastic Reservation Specialist who is passionate about pet care and can create a culture that WOWS and DELIGHTS the clients.
The Reservation Specialist (RS) is an integral member of the Resort team. The primary responsibility of this role is to educate clients about Best in Show Pet Resort, our services, culture and how we deliver extraordinary pet care, every day. The Reservation Specialist first point of contact for new clients so it is important that they ensure our clients have an exceptional experience
The Reservations Specialist principal duties are to handle any general inquiries about Best in Show Pet Resort, make follow-up reservations for existing clients, and sell services and activities that can benefit the health and well-being of the pet.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide impeccable customer service by following our service foundation.
• Ensure that each customer is treated with respect and dignity in order to develop and maintain strong relationships.
• Answer all incoming calls, respond to voicemails and emails.
• Make boarding reservations, daycare, and grooming.
• Provide recommendation and up-sell activities and service add-ons to further benefit the pet and pet parent experience.
• Obtain all information related to a pet’s visit; ensure accuracy of all information. This includes client information as well as pet information. Input all information into resort computer systems.
• Interact and communicate closely with other staff to ensure client and pet needs and concerns are understood and addressed.
• Have expert knowledge of all services offered at site and be able to provide solutions to the client’s needs through products and services.
• Obtain vaccination records from veterinary offices and input into the computer.
• Assists in managing waitlists on weekends/peak season/holidays and ensures that rooms are utilized to maximum capacity.
• Respond promptly and troubleshoot any customer relations issues, keeping in mind our empowerment goals. Promptly address any uncomfortable situations with customers
• Enthusiasm for pet care and wellness
• Passion for providing outstanding customer service and experience in sales preferred
• Positive Attitude/team player
• Excellent communication skills – oral and written
• Ability to build positive and meaningful relationships with clients
• Motivated and enjoys a fast-paced environment
• Professional demeanor and detail oriented
Competitive pay, including hourly, commission