Do you love dogs? Do you love meeting and talking to new people? Are you ready to begin a career in the Pet Care Industry, working for a company driven by its belief in providing outstanding pet care – delivering warm, excellent, and personalized care for dogs while their owners are at work or traveling? Then The Folsom Dog Resort is looking for you to join the team!
The Folsom Dog Resort & Training Center, located in Folsom, CA is searching for a team-oriented, results-driven individual to join our team as a Dog Trainer.
We are a pet care and dog training facility that provides industry-leading services to the Folsom and greater Sacramento communities. Our services include Overnight Lodging for dogs, Doggie Day Care, Dog Training, and Grooming.
A Day In The Life
The Dog Trainer is responsible for completing daily dog training tasks, training sessions, training lessons with clients, planning of activities, and communications regarding the training of dogs. This individual is also responsible for monitoring the health and well-being of all dogs being trained and communicating with the Pet Care Attendant staff regarding any special care instructions or issues. The incumbent is also responsible for communicating with clients (pet parents) in person and over the phone to convey information regarding their dog’s training progress in a professional manner. The Dog Trainer will meet or exceed productivity and cleanliness standards, taking corrective action as needed to ensure standards are maintained. The Dog Trainer will also follow and adhere to the Company’s strict dog training procedures, techniques, systems, and protocols. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and may include weekends. All employees of the Folsom Dog Resort are required to work during peak travel periods (i.e. summer vacation) and holiday seasons and on major holidays (e.g. Christmas Day).
• Personally, conduct and complete daily dog training tasks and sessions
• Visually inspect guest rooms and common areas for cleanliness and appearance.
• Conduct behavior assessments of dogs
• Conduct/deliver face-to-face dog training lessons to clients. Lessons may occur at The Folsom Dog Resort or in the client’s home.
• Prioritize dogs to be trained, update status of dogs’ training progress, and complete comprehensive notes and documentation on the progress of individual dog’s training.
• Handle VIP clients as needed
• Ensure the safety and proper care of the dogs and the proper maintenance of the facility.
• Check and complete required reports and logs in an effective and efficient manner.
• Provide detailed client feedback on dogs’ training progress.
• Communicate with clients as needed/necessary.
• Assist the Pet Care Attendant staff in the handling of dogs. Provide instruction, guidance, and counseling as well as exercise good judgment, while reinforcing the company’s standards of care and quality.
• Demonstrate confidence, patience, and professionalism while communicating (in-person or over the phone) with clients. Must be able to clearly articulate complex concepts, ideas, and recommendations to clients of all backgrounds and age levels.
• Deliver dog training lessons in a presentation style/format.
• Solicit and capture feedback from dog training clients regarding their level of satisfaction with the services provided.
• Ensure all daily tasks are completed within the allotted time frame and communicated with the Dog Training Manager to request approval for overtime labor if deemed necessary.
• Exemplify and adhere to all company uniform and hygiene standards.
• Participate in daily team “pass-down” huddle meetings with the Pet Care Staff as necessary.
• Conduct inventories of supplies and retail items
• Audit reports documenting the delivery of dog training services.
• Implement special instructions and/or projects directed by the Operations Manager.
• Make recommendations on process improvements.
• Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum six months ofdog handling experience ideal. Minimum of six months work experience in verbally communicating with clients face-to-face in a professional environment. Previous experience delivering concepts, ideas, and recommendations to clients in a presentation format is a plus. Must have general knowledge of dog breeds and dog behavior.
Language / Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other staff members, management, clients, and Company Owners. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations, clients, staff members, and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to provide clear direction, instruction, and guidance to clients and other team members. Ability to exercise good judgment and implement control over clients during training lessons. Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or scheduled form.
Other Skills & Abilities: Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Able to work with little or no supervision. Ability to operate equipment used in thecleaning of guest rooms and laundry and food prep areas. Able to safely handle dogs of all breeds, sizes, and temperaments.
Computer Skills: Experience drafting written documents in MS Word, data entry in MS Excel, working knowledge of how to create and save documents, experience in using MS Outlook for drafting emails and scheduling appointments, and proven ability to learn new software programs.
All employees can take advantage of free and discounted pet services as well as our 401(k) program with matching funds. Folsom Dog Resort also offers an excellent benefits program for full-time employees including health and dental insurance, life insurance, and vision care.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.