ROVER OAKS PET RESORT is the premier pet resort in Houston and Katy for boarding, training, daycare and grooming. Our Houston location near NRG Stadium is seeking experienced Daycare Counselors to help run the dog daycare play groups and provide exceptional care of the pets. This position would require working weekends and holidays. We have full-time and part-time positions available.
Our outstanding team of pet care professionals is the best in the industry! If you are an enthusiastic people and pet person and you have experience working with dogs in a professional environment, we would be excited to talk to you about joining us!
- Supervise play groups for drop-off and lodging dogs. Monitor for undesirable group play behavior and intervene immediately.
- Accept arriving dogs and discuss their care and health status with the owners.
- Deliver departing dogs to the owners, along with information related to their visit and play behavior.
- Document any pet incidents or undesirable behavior.
- Perform daily cleaning tasks to ensure a clean, sanitary environment.
- Complete daily opening or closing procedures, checklists, and other administrative functions.
- Perform enrichment activities including engaging the dogs in play, using toys and encouraging dogs to interact with play equipment and pools
- Take pet photos and alert the marketing team to social media story opportunities
- Ensure the dogs feel at home and loved by providing attention and cuddles whenever possible.
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a professional pet care environment preferred.
- Positive outgoing personality and excellent customer service skills.
- Physically capable of securing and handling large dogs.
All employees can take advantage of free and discounted pet services as well as our 401(k) program with matching funds. Rover Oaks Pet Resort also offers an excellent benefits program for full-time employees including health and dental insurance, life insurance, vision care, and paid sick and vacation time.