ROVER OAKS PET RESORT is the premier pet resort in Houston and Katy for boarding, training, daycare and grooming. Our Houston location near NRG Stadium is seeking Pet Care Technicians to help in our dog and cat boarding operations and provide exceptional care of the pets. We have openings for both full and part-time applicants This position will require working weekends and holidays.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
All employees can take advantage of free and discounted pet services as well as our 401(k) program with matching funds. Rover Oaks Pet Resort also offers an excellent benefits program for full-time employees including health and dental insurance, life insurance, vision care, and paid sick and vacation time.
- Ensure each pet is treated with respect and dignity
- Ensure all pets have fresh water
- Walk dogs on leash to and from outside exercise areas.
- Engage in play activities with pets including: fetch, exercise walks, story times, chase, follow the leader, recall and basic obedience games, etc.
- Alert supervisors to any changes in pet behavior or demeanor
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling pets
- Clean and sanitize all pet enclosures, exercise yards, and common areas. Use disinfectants and other chemicals safely as instructed by the supervisor.
- Assist Pet Care Supervisors with daily tasks as needed
- Ensure pets feel at home and loved by providing attention and cuddles whenever possible.