My Second Home is seeking pet care enthusiasts to join our pup loving pack as a Part Time and Full time employees!
Who we are:
My Second Home is a full service, resort experience for Franklin and the surrounding area's pets and their parents. We offer daycare, boarding, grooming, and retail. Our team takes pride in our work by conducting and holding ourselves to an extremely high standard of customer care and dog safety.
Who you are:
Applicants should be: organized, enthusiastic, detail oriented, hard-working, dedicated, dog-loving and professional. Ability to add positivity to our team while maintaining our top notch work environment is a must!
What we expect:
Our facility is two stories of spacious rooms for dogs and condos for kitties, with three huge play yards and several smaller yard for one on one activities and smaller pup play, so proper shoes and the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time is required. We proudly open our doors to ALL dogs; so applicants should be comfortable around all breeds, regardless of their age and size. We expect applicants to have reliable transportation.
Work Schedule & Benefits:
My Second Home is open 365 days a year! Our two main shifts are 5:00AM - 1:00PM and 2:00PM - 10:00PM. Ideal applicants will be available for both shifts, plus weekends and holidays. A majority of your day will involve caring for our guests including: feeding, taking pets on potty breaks, and cleaning rooms. Various playtime and taking pet photos may also be expected to be carried out at some point during each shift.
Applicants will enjoy discounts on retail and in house services after completion of the 90 day probationary period when hired. Employees who work 30 plus hour a week will have access to health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and our 401k program. Employees who have social dogs, can come to work for free during non peak hours. vaccine requirements are the same for all guest and employee dogs.
Pet Pro/ Boarding and activities specialists start at $11.00+ hour. and participate in pooling tips. Employees having a strong background in pet care may start at a higher pay rate. Part Time positions lead to Full Time positions based on performance. There is always the potential for growth within the company if you are a passionate and hardworking team member!
Are you ready to become part of the team at My Second Home?
A Day In The Life
As a Pet Pro, you are part of a larger team who is focused on the daily pet care of our guests. You’ll report to work over a variety of shifts to handle everything from walking dogs, giving them a potty break, feeding and administering medicines, cleaning their rooms, playing with dogs + cats and even loving them as if they were your own. One day you could help our overnight guests feel like this is their palace away from home and the next day you might run the daycare play group and make sure everyone is getting along. You might snuggle a shy pup who needs some extra special attention while also helping a regular get right back into the swing of things.You’ll not only communicate with the dog(s), but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing and be ready to share with your manager and the pet parent.. And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
Basic Job Requirements
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Must be comfortable being around dogs of all sizes and physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.