The Barkley Pet Hotel and Day Camp is looking for an experienced groomer to join our team. We are an upscale boarding and day care facility for dogs and cats.
At The Barkley, we employ responsible, devoted, and detail-oriented animal care professionals and expect them to perform their jobs superbly in an interesting, challenging, fulfilling, and enjoyable working environment.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM AS A GROOMER!
In this position, you will be required to meet and exceed the needs for pets in our care. These responsibilities include interacting with pet parents, and providing quality grooming services for our guests. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our facility. Your hard work will be rewarded with plenty of animal snuggles, cuddles, kisses, and cuteness. Employees will work a schedule that may vary from week to week.
Interested in joining our team?
• Must have a flexible schedule; willing to work weekends and holiday seasons.
• Work in a fast-paced, self-motivated, team environment
• Project a positive and professional appearance and attitude
• Must have at least 1 year experience and able to supply pictures of past grooms of dogs and cats
• Must be able to handle dogs and cats of all sizes
• Must enjoy working with both people and pets
• Must be able to follow directions and comply with processes and procedures
• Must have a keen sense of observation when observing the pets
• Cannot be allergic to dogs or cats
• Must be able to lift heavy dogs and stand for long periods
• Must be able to trim nails, express anal glands, clean dog’s teeth with brush upon request
• Calm an anxious guest with love and assurance
• Communicate effectively with pet parents to find out what they need
• Create a welcoming environment for pets and their parents
• Have good time management in order to complete all grooms in the time frame allotted