Seeking Passionate pet lovers!
Woofdorf Astoria is seeking hardworking animal lovers. We provide daycare, boarding and bathing services to the pets in our community.
We are looking for dependable, professional, passionate people to work with and care for the pups in our facility. Some pet knowledge preferred but will train. Must be willing to be hands on, be a team player and communicate well with others.
Open availability is big plus but can work with some part time schedules. Must be 18 years or older.
- FREE use of our bathing equipment outside of your schedule to bathe your dog (must meet our vaccine requirements)
- FREE boarding after 90 days (subject to availability and outside peak times)
- FREE daycare services for your dog during your scheduled shifts (must meet vaccine and temperament requirements)
- Discount on retail items
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits PLUS MORE available to qualifying employees.
- PTO program for full-time staff
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to multitask and be very detailed oriented. Must be able to start and stop work.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide impeccable customer service by following our Service Foundation principles. You will ensure that each customer is treated with respect and dignity in order to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Answer all incoming calls, respond to voicemails and emails.
- Make boarding reservations; book grooming, training, and temperament test appointments. Schedule daycare reservations.
- Manage cash, check, and credit card transactions and reporting/reconciling
- Learn and effectively use the resorts computer systems.
- Interact and communicate closely with other staff to ensure client and pet needs and concerns are understood and addressed.
- Have general knowledge of all services offered at site and be able to provide solutions to the clients needs.
- Obtain vaccination records from clients and input into the computer.
- Assists in managing waitlists on weekends/peak season/holidays and ensures that rooms are utilized to maximum capacity.
- Respond promptly and troubleshoot any customer relations issues, keeping in mind our empowerment goals. Promptly address any uncomfortable situations with customers
- Ensure the facility meets or exceeds expectations with regards to cleanliness and safety.
- Notifying manager on duty or order inventory when low in the following areas:
- Cleaning products for lobby areas and office supplies
- Ensure all common areas (lobby and employee spaces) are well maintained, clean and free from hazards ie: wet floors, urine, etc.
- Consult with other departments
A Day In The Life:
As a Pet Host, you would be assisting clients with many different tasks such as; Making daycare and boarding reservations, updating client information and checking in an out our overnight guest.
We are seeking professional, polite and dependable persons. Customer service background and animal care knowledge preferred but will train.