Seeking Passionate pet lovers!
Woofdorf Astoria is seeking hardworking animal lovers. We provide daycare, boarding and bathing services to the pets in our community.
We are looking for dependable, professional, passionate people to work with and care for the pups in our facility. Some pet knowledge preferred but will train. Must be willing to be hands on, be a team player and communicate well with others.
Open availability is big plus but can work with some part time schedules. Must be 18 years or older.
A Day In The Life
As a Pet Pro, you are part of a larger team who is focused on the daily pet care of our guests. You’ll report to work over a variety of shifts to handle everything from Daycare to being part of our Kennel team.
As a Daycare tech your responsibilities include but are not limited to, engaging with the pets in the play group by giving them love and attention, playing with the water hose/sprinkler and filling the pools, keeping the play yards clean and sanitary. All while identifying behavior that is appropriate for play and giving breaks to those who are over stimulated.
- Ensure that all guests are receiving the best standard of care during their daycare/boarding stay.
- Walk dogs on leash to and from outside exercise areas.
- Engage in play activities with pets including: fetch, exercise walks and agility.
- Supervise activities of multiple dogs throughout the day. Monitor closely and identify any potential conflicts or escalations and redirect or remove one or more dogs from the situation as needed
- Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following our standards of cleaning and disinfecting rooms
- Monitor guest’s health by daily charting of eating and elimination habits.
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests, particularly aggressive guests and escape artists
- Pay specific attention to special handling notes, (Meds Person to Feed, Aggressive, Separate for Feeding, etc.)
- Utilize our Facebook Team page to communicate pertinent information to all staff members.
- Ensure the facility meets or exceeds our expectations with regards to cleanliness and safety. Clean and sanitize all pet enclosures, exercise yards, and common areas. Mix and use disinfectants and other chemicals safely as instructed by the supervisor.
- Alert manager when levels of inventory are low in the following areas:
Pet food, Cleaning products for kenneling and lobby areas.
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities
- A passion for animals and animal care. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Must be comfortable being around dogs of all sizes and physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- FREE use of our bathing equipment outside of your schedule to bathe your dog (must meet our vaccine requirements)
- FREE boarding after 90 days (subject to availability and outside peak times)
- FREE daycare services for your dog during your scheduled shifts (must meet vaccine and temperament requirements)
- Discount on retail items
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits PLUS MORE available to qualifying employees.
- PTO program for full-time staff