Popular Pays is looking for an experienced Product Leader to own our product planning, product strategy and product process. As Head of Product you will be responsible for guiding our product and engineering functions to ensure a world-class experience for the customers and creator community of Popular Pays. In this role you will be responsible for owning our existing products and helping to develop new ones based on our big-picture vision. The primary role of this individual is to ensure we build great software that comes from constant and cohesive collaboration across teams and customer collaboration. This individual will be highly competent using data to drive decisions at any given moment to help with the direction of the product.
Popular Pays is the leading platform for agile advertising. Advertising is in a moment of transition and we’re betting that the way that work gets done in the future is a powerful mix of creativity + technology. We’ve built the modern approach to advertising: a global network of creators, a platform to streamline operations, and an expert service team to guide you along the way. The results are that our customers' creative gets to market faster, makes a bigger impact, and we add flexibility into their operations.
- Be a contributing member of the Popular Pays leadership team, ensuring cross functional alignment on strategy
- Be a strategic leader in terms of how we leverage our existing partners (partner and ecosystem) and how we can grow and capitalize on additional partner relationships
- Build a relationship with the Popular Pays board and evangelize product vision and progress toward goals at quarterly board meetings
- Ensure the near term roadmap is well defined and within the scope of the broader product strategy
- Lead a project scoping discussion with engineering, design, and key stakeholders.
- Review and contribute to UX and UI design
- Work with customers, creators, and other teams to understand changing market needs and problems to solve
- Keep relevant strategy documents up to date as our high-level roadmap for the customer experience
- Establish team and individual KPIs
- Regularly join customer and sales calls in order to evangelize the product roadmap and solicit feedback and inputs from our customers into the roadmap and strategy
- Ensure that we translate user needs and problems into solutions that delight
- Author release notes, announcements and blogs for key features and any other exciting product news
- Work with product marketing to establish product rollout plans to introduce new features and help drive adoption as they get announced
- Make tough priority calls and trade-offs - balancing available time, talent, and critical business needs - using a proven framework (RICE)
What we’d like in a candidate
- 5+ years of product management experience ideally for a B2B SaaS technology company, with 2+ years in a leadership role.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external (e.g.: salespeople, designers, developers, corporate clients, and daily app users), distilling varying viewpoints and feedback into a cohesive product strategy.
- Expertise in agile software development, ideally with 3+ years of experience shipping products in an agile software development environment.
- Design driven and have a passion for the user, usability and simplicity.
- A data-driven approach - we want your help refining and establishing the metrics and data collection methods that will help us prioritize our roadmap and validate our completed projects. Ideal candidates will have experience setting and hitting quantitative goals. Knowledge of SQL is a plus too!
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy, a keen eye for detail, the courage to dive into key strategic initiatives and the drive to make a product a reality.
- An aptitude for understanding how our product and teammates work, so that you can anticipate how Design will envision the product, how Dev will build it, and how our customers will use it.
- An understanding that one of our greatest strengths as a startup is that we can move quickly, pushing features, getting feedback, and continually improving.
- A genuine interest in getting to know your teammates and authentic desire to build something worth sharing with them.
- Important: this role will begin as both a leader and individual contributor. You will work closely with our CEO and leadership team to establish the product roadmap, strategy, and vision, and to start, you will partner with design and engineering to implement that roadmap.
Why you should work here
- Talented teammates and a strong, mission-driven work culture
- Exposure to the startup industry, technology, creativity, and innovation
- A culture that is focused on your outputs and respects work life balance
- Perks ranging from a monthly WFH stipend to a paid sabbatical after 5 years
Our highlight reel
- We recently raised our Series B, with over $13M in funding to date
- Our CEO, Corbett Drummey, was named to Forbes 30 Under 30 for Marketing and Advertising in 2018
- Our company is a member of Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter’s marketing partner programs
- We’re a Y Combinator alum – “the world’s most powerful start-up incubator”
- We’re a team of 35 and want to make that 45+ by the end of the year.
- We’re a remote first-team with physical hubs in Chicago, LA, & NYC.
- Check out our Sizzle Reel
- We partner with brands like Frito-Lay, General Mills, PepsiCo, Samsung, RxBar, Hyatt, Jim Beam, eBay, and many more.