Velvet Taco is seeking a Director of Design & Construction capable of driving brand growth while maintaining Velvet Taco quality design and execution. The ideal candidate will have a track record of leading the development teams and processes with a focus on dates and budgets with an elevated eye for design. They should be able to leverage existing relationship with external vendors and well as establish new connections to maintain a strong network to support Velvet Taco’s growth objectives. Reporting directly to the VP of Development & Construction, the ideal candidate must stay Relentless in pushing the brand and the Development team members forward.
• Responsible for construction, architecture, and engineering leadership required for development of new restaurants meeting local codes, landlord requirements, and Velvet Taco standards
• Provides design and development solutions for potential new restaurant locations in support of the real estate approval process
• Align design direction with appropriate budgets, and track development spending, holding team members and vendors financially accountable throughout the development process
• Lead the development process to ensure projects milestones are maintained, and effectively communicate to the broader team and changes
• Develop brand standards/processes to ensure team members and external partners have the support to successful execute new restaurant openings
• Work with key departmental leaders to establish a change management process to that will allow the brand to evolve with the design and build of new restaurants
• Own the project closeout and budget reconciliation, as well as the tenant allowance collections
• Take on the role of a construction project manager as workload requires, while maintaining other responsibilities
• Lead and mentor a group of professionals to achieve individual and group goals
• Display a wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
• Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field, preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years recent and related experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Strong discipline of financial management including financial tracking, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
• Strong analytical mindset with a sound financial business acumen
• Comfortable managing competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Flexible, detail-oriented team-player who works well under pressure and has strong organizational and time management skills
• Must have strong communication skills with the ability to successfully communicate to team members, vendors, contractors, and executive team
LOCATION & TRAVEL:
Position located in Velvet Taco Restaurant Support Office in Plano, TX
Flexibility with work hours necessary with up to 30% of travel, as needed