The Pastry Cook Is responsible for learning and executing recipes according to company standards, following health and safety guidelines, and adhering to all company policies.
The Pastry Cook reports directly to Kitchen Manager.
● Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds without restrictions
● Able to stand on feet for extended periods of time (4-6 hours)
● Has ServSafe Food Handler’s Card or ability to obtain within 2 weeks of hire
● 1 year experience in professional kitchen, or pastry school graduate
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Prepare all menu items following recipes, and taste all products made
● Learn what all menu items are supposed to look and taste like, and maintain quality.
● Inform manager of any off-tasting, off-looking, or off-smelling products immediately.
● Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended, properly and safely
● Complete daily inventory tasks
● Alert manager of foreseeable inventory issues
● Practice FIFO
● Maintain proper storage procedures
● Minimize waste
● Ensure cleanliness of kitchen and spin room and practice food safety
● Follow general kitchen safety guidelines
● Complies with the kitchen’s policies and procedures
● Communicates effectively with co-workers, management and other departments
● Perform additional duties in absence of kitchen manager
● Perform all other duties as assigned
● Paid vacations
● Product discounts and MORE!