The Manager is a high-profile role, simply because you oversee the daily operations of the Statler. In this role, you’ll be ensuring that the appearance, presentation, and guest experience are second to none.
This is as much about people as it is about food, so you’ll have to be comfortable dealing with a variety of guests and team members. Our guest satisfaction is just as important as our team members’ satisfaction. Being people-focused is paramount to your store’s overall success. It is imperative that you be able to efficiently and accurately handle issues with guests and team members as they arise. Your ability to motivate and cultivate will be a key contributor to the overall bottom-line performance of your location. Leading by example and lifting up your staff will result in revenue and profits.
Your job is to oversee all front house operations including but not in any way limited to staffing, food knowledge, extensive BWL knowledge, delivering a superior food and beverage experience while maximizing customers’ expectations. Being able to balance seating capacity and plotting reservations, setting schedules and shifts that balance with the hours and volume in the restaurant, making instantaneous decisions based on volume.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and focus, along with personal initiative will result in high production, productivity and quality while exceeding standards. The importance of cost control in all areas is necessary to maximize revenue thus increasing profitability. Our level of exceptional quality foods and services is our recipe for success. Our pay structure is also result’s driven rewarding those who can produce and lead a team of professionals to a common goal.
Exemplified leadership skills are critical as we expect you to lead by positive example and uplift the team members during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure everything runs smoothly and that our guests have an exceptional experience.
• Restaurant experience is preferred but not required. Tremendous growth potential with multiple locations and management levels. Looking for hard working, dedicated service people with a desire to excel.
• We offer a referral program, a competitive scholarship program, 401(k), and benefits.
• We love to promote from within and take care of our family of employees. Come and join our family of over 1000 Metro-Detroiters. We have a passion for our business and value the people who work for us!
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable, Bev Spot, R365 and POS Touch
- Strong leadership, motivation, and people skills
- BS degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus
- The ideal candidate will thrive on managing a hardworking team and be able to inspire them to deliver memorable events for all types of clients. In a nutshell, a strong focused leader.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations