Are you a natural storyteller who loves working with people? Are you passionate about Northwest wines? This is an exciting opportunity to grow your retail sales career in the wine industry. Our Estate tasting room is searching for high-end customer service experienced & energetic individuals who are also team players to join our team of wine enthusiasts!
Responsible for creating a world-class experience for guests by communicating the uniqueness of Willamette Valley Vineyards with a consistent and impactful brand message while delivering excellent customer service by greeting customers, pouring wines for tasting, and promoting the sale of wine and non-wine products.
The position offers a competitive starting rate of pay, opportunities to participate in department incentive plans, tip pool, a generous employee discount, and other perks.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Greet visitors to the winery and pour wine for tasting.
- Promote the sale of wine, non-wine merchandise, and the Wine Club.
- Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions, which includes operating cash registers and accounting for daily sales throughout the day.
- Process wine orders.
- Maintain non-wine merchandise, which includes folding clothes, stocking shelves, etc.
- Maintain supply of clean glasses, washing and drying racks of glasses throughout the day.
- Maintain daily supplies, which include bags, wine carriers, shippers, brochures, etc.
- Expedites and runs food in absence of food runner.
- General housekeeping responsibilities, which include cleaning work area, wiping counters, dusting, busing tables, refilling water stations, etc.
- Assist with On-site events.
- Conducts daily tours as assigned
- Excellent, detail-oriented customer service & time management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, and build dynamics and synergy across departments
- A valid/current OLCC Server’s Permit & Food Handler’s Card or willing to obtain them.
- The ability to use point-of-sale (POS) systems, Google services, & Microsoft Office Suite.
Must be able to
- Able to stand for long periods of time & work in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to work peak tourism & traffic times including holidays, weekends, & evenings.
- Available to work on-site events.
- Flexible & willing to work in a continually changing environment
- Lift 40 lbs.
Willamette Valley Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status