Are you a natural storyteller who loves working with people? Are you passionate about Oregon wine? This is an exciting opportunity to grow your retail sales career in the wine industry. Willamette Valley Vineyards is searching for an energetic, team player, and customer-focused individual to join our team of Oregon wine enthusiasts!
Winery Ambassadors are responsible for envisioning, implementing, and successfully building and nurturing long-term relationships with Willamette Valley Vineyards customers.
Willamette Valley Vineyards offers:
Paid time off
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Winery Ambassadors offer Willamette Valley Vineyards’ customers a pleasurable and memorable experience while selling them wine and other wine-related accessories, experiences, and/or private labels.
- The primary function of this position is to contact Willamette Valley Vineyards customers 1st: by phone, 2nd: by email, and 3rd: by mail to generate sales. Invite your customers to WVV to taste and purchase wines. Make sure your client base and leads know to ask for you when they come to Willamette Valley Vineyards to taste. You will need to be available for them when they come in, when possible.
- Keep a database of all customer information and build a history. Include phone #, address, credit card #, wine preferences, frequency of purchases, gift buying info, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Mention these things when contacting them. Continually update customer information for accuracy. Take care of any duplicates in the point of sale system. Send duplicate account numbers to the manager to merge.
- Assure all orders are placed in a timely manner, shipping details sent to the customer, notes are placed in customer CRM accounts, and required Daily Tracking Sheet google doc is filled out.
- Send correspondence cards to your clients; within reason. Sending personal touches like a handwritten thank you card, birthday card, anniversary card, etc will help to nurture your long-term relationship.
- Attend weekly department meetings with the team and use these meetings as a time to share your progress to your monthly and yearly goals and any performance issues. Share ideas to help your teammates and sales promotions. Resolve any performance issues in these meetings. Attend monthly Direct Sales department meetings.
- Attend sales training, wine education seminars, and complete wine education courses.
- Strategic and tactical planning to maximize phone and face to face contact with clients.
- Work efficiently with all departments of the company to ensure optimal customer service levels are being achieved and maintained.
- Consistently hit monthly sales targets.
- Conduct private tours and tastings, seated tastings, on-site events, off-site events, Pairings Wine Dinners, and daily tours when assigned. These provide face-to-face opportunities to build leads and customers.
- Provide assistance in the Tasting Room when customer traffic dictates a need.
- These minimums will be expected for Winery Ambassador’s paid at the current commission rate and to remain employed as a Winery Ambassador.
- Update “Daily Log” at the end of each day.
- Supports Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Winery Ambassadors are expected to meet the performance standards outlined in the Commission's Policy & Procedure. These performance standards include meeting daily call volumes, being a participating team member, regular workplace attendance, and hitting the following sales goals.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be willing to work on-site winery events. Most of these events are held over holiday weekends such as Memorial Day and Thanksgiving.
- Must have highly-developed organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task, work independently, and as part of a team. Build team dynamics and synergy across departments. Optimize resource potential.
- Must be able to communicate through active listening skills and gather accurate insights into human behavior. Excellent interpersonal skills. Independently motivated to generate sales for Willamette Valley Vineyards.
- Must be able to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Maintain an average of at least 20 outbound phone calls per day.
- Track all hours worked by using the time card function in the payroll software.
- Log all contact information in customer relationship management software (eWinery or POS) within 24 hours of contact with a customer.
- Other duties not outlined may be required as needed.
- Must be team focused and be ready and willing to reasonably assist in other areas of the business as
- Ability to use standard CRM, POS systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding and genuine interest in luxury wine business and terminology.
- Ability to educate customers about wine with apassion, not pretension.