Do you love wine? Entrepreneurial thinker? Motivational leader? If so, you may be the perfect fit. Willamette Valley Vineyards, a local producer of world-class wines, is seeking a Winery Restaurant Manager to oversee a Tasting Room and Restaurant in a soon-to-be-established location in Lake Oswego. This position will manage every aspect of the winery restaurant including but not limited to staff, operational procedures, budgets, wine sales, club memberships, guest services, events, inventory, facility maintenance, and overall, creating a memorable wine and food experience for guests on a daily basis. For this role, we are seeking a driven, results-oriented, emotionally intelligent leader that takes ownership in the building and leading a team in creating a world-class, wine-focused experience for guests. This is a hands-on role with limited clerical support. As the winery restaurant manager of Lake Oswego, you will be the first leader of a multi-location strategy with great growth potential. Join us at this exciting time of expansion and be a part of leading the company in a new sector of the business.
The ideal candidate must be available to work peak customer days/hours, including weekends and evenings. As a leader, the Winery Restaurant Manager must possess empathy and the necessary leadership skills needed to motivate a team of varying personalities. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5-years’ experience in customer-facing retail, restaurant, sales, or hospitality-related management and a proven track record for delivering operational success.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Ensure a high-quality guest experience.
- Lead day-to-day operations including employee management, budgets, inventory, offerings, facility maintenance, and guest satisfaction.
- Manage employees including staffing, scheduling, training, coaching, payroll, annual reviews, development, and enforcement.
- Implement operational systems, processes, policies, and procedures to support the operation.
- Manage all support tools including but not limited to POS system, reservation system, email, and website.
- Cultivate strong Wine Club membership to support on-site visitation.
- Drive Direct-to-Consumer sales.
- Proactively oversee the location budget and projections in order to meet goals.
- Oversee inventory.
- Set and enforce safety and cleanliness standards.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and participate in all marketing efforts.
- Meet performance metrics.
- Cultivate guest relationships.
- Serve as the point of contact for customer service issues.
- Five (5) years of experience managing a Tasting Room, Restaurant, Bar, or other Hospitality establishments.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, including the ability to lead and delegate tasks.
- Ability to forecast needs for peak season and event planning.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to oversee cost control, labor management, and profitability.
- Ability to use standard CRM, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and POS.
- Must work nights, weekends, and other peak traffic times.
*Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
*Position is eligible for bonus and incentive programs.
Willamette Valley Vineyards offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a number of other voluntary participation programs
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid holidays, paid vacation, and sick time.
- Employee discounts
Willamette Valley Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status