Willamette Valley Vineyards searching for an energetic Cellar Worker to join our hardworking production team. This is a Full-time position working Tuesday-Friday 7 am - 5:30 PM. During Harvest Season (September-October) this position will work 6 days a week, up to 12 hours days. Forklift experience a plus.
Position Overview: Perform winemaking activities and support to the lab. Provide assistance to the winemaking team. Maintain and promote a professional attitude, appearance, and work area in accordance with Willamette Valley Vineyards’ mission statement.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Assist in cleaning of the winery and production area as needed.
• Pre and post work sanitation.
• Operate winey machinery in a safe and effective manner.
• Assist in the transfer of wine from tanks and barrels for blending.
• Racking, blending, ingredient adds.
• Fruit handling, sorting, and processing.
• Take all steps to manage the quality of wines.
• Minimize oxygen pickup and help identify quality issues and concerns.
• Perform bottling, topping, sampling, record-keeping, and special project duties.
• Understand and comply with applicable quality, environmental, and safety regulations.
• Recommend safety improvements.
• Report safety violations to the Head Winemaker.
• Take direction from the Cellar Master.
• Participate in winery related marketing events including barrel tastings.
• Drive company transport vehicle and truck as necessary.
• Maintain a professional, clean, and orderly work area.
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled production meetings.
• Supports the Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed. Assist in developing policies and procedures as needed.
• Collaborate with all department managers towards profitability and help drive the vision and mission of WVV.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Head Winemaker, Enologist, and Cellar Master.
- Strong work ethic and dependability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Valid Oregon Driver's License.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs and navigate stairs and hilly terrain.
- Stand for long periods & work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a flexible & continually changing environment.
- Tolerate exposure to outside elements (heat, wet and/or damp conditions, cold)
- Perform heavy physical work, lifting 50 lbs repeatedly, bending, climbing, pulling, or squatting for long periods.
- Work long hours during crush and peak periods (including all shifts).
- Ability to understand and comply with any and all safety requirements.