Willamette Valley Vineyards is searching for a self-motivated Administrative Assistant superstar to join our National Sales department. This is a part-time position working 25 hours/week.
The National Sales Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing technical, clerical, administrative, writing, and email support to the National Sales Coordinator.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Tracks inventory levels of National Sales POS such as swag items and printed materials. Places POs for NS Coordinator to approve. Orders and organizes materials upon arrival.
- Monitors the firstname.lastname@example.org email and replies or forwards messages, as necessary.
- Manages the processing of mail-in rebates – enters, acknowledges, responds to inquiries, and follows up with accounting to complete.
- Drafts email and print communications to be sent to account and distributor contacts as requested.
- Works with the Marketing Department to distribute promotional material.
- Pulls mailing lists from GreatVines.
- Updates Depletions spreadsheet on a monthly basis and alerts the National Sales Coordinator or appropriate Brand Manager of any inventory issues as specified on the reports.
- Assists with GreatVines database
- Inputs new contacts/updates as requested.
- Sends shipment report to GreatVines on a monthly basis to upload.
- Ensures records are appropriately recorded and saved (e.g., quarterly meetings with all states).
- Pulls contact lists for e-blasts and mailings.
- Assists with travel preparations as requested for National Brand Ambassadors and CEO (e.g., booking travel reservations, prepping materials like POS and swag).
- Coordinates sample shipments or gifts as needed.
- Manages annual holiday gifts – presents gift options, helps prepare recipient lists, organizes mailing.
- Arranges auction items, guest visits, and events as needed.
- Records meeting minutes and distribute as requested; follows-up on action items with the National Sales Coordinator.
- Monitors National Sales calendar for accurate and detailed information (trip block dates, major events, VIP visits, etc.).
- Encourages National Brand Ambassadors to conduct price surveys and records them in a Google document; reviews bi-weekly and informs National Sales Coordinator and the appropriate National Brand Ambassador of any issues.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the National Sales Coordinator.
- A valid/current OLCC Server’s Permit and Food Handler’s Card.
- A current Driver’s License and a clean/good driving record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, including the ability to lead and delegate tasks with effective follow-up.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Chrome and Google suite, especially Gmail, Calendar, and Drive.
- Able to use standard CRM, Microsoft Office Suite, POS, and department-specific related software programs.
Must be able to
- Lift 40lbs and navigate stairs and hilly terrain.
- Stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Work weekends and evenings if necessary, to accomplish key tasks.
- Communicate through active-listening skills and gather accurate insights into human behavior.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Multitask, work independently and as part of a team.
- Build team dynamics and synergy across departments.
- Work well behind the scenes using discretion and keeping all information confidential.
- Use point-of-sale (POS) systems, Google services, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions appropriately.
- Support Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Independently motivated to identify and resolve issues, at the department-level.