Willamette Valley Vineyards is searching for a self-motivated Shipping & Warehouse Assistant to join our busy production team. This is a full-time position working 40 hours/week.
The perfect candidate will be:
- Forklift Certified or able to become certified is a must.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Able to use computer software such as Excel/Word.
- Time management skills.
Position Overview: Responsible for assembling and packaging wine orders to be shipped direct-to-consumer nationwide. Delivers wine orders to satellite Tasting Rooms as directed. Assists in the general operation and inventory of the warehouse.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Pull shipping reports using ShipCompliant and WineDirect for fulfillment.
- Print shipping labels using WineDirect and UPS Worldship.
- Assists in shipping inventory, request wine as needed, and notify Wine Club & Ownership Coordinator of any out-of-stocks
- Conducts monthly and quarterly inventory checks.
- Helps with the inventory of shipping supplies and order as needed. Monitor quality and condition of packaging supplies being received, ensuring all quality standards are met, document material usage as appropriate.
- Communicate to management any problems with packaging materials or supplies and/or any potential food safety problems or concerns.
- Understand and abide by all direct to consumer compliance shipping laws by state (Google Doc for reference).
- Ensure quality in every package going to our customers.
- Check every bottle for label/capsule deficiency
- Wrap every bottle in logo tissue
- Enclose packing list, handwritten card (if needed), Tasting Room Passport, or other promotional material in every package
- Ensure weather is safe for shipments (heat or cold) on its logistic path
- Help assist in any customer service-related issues as they pertain to shipping.
- Helps reconcile wine inventory in and out of Small Package Shipping for all offsite events in coordination with Off-Site Event Coordinator keeping historical tracking for reference.
- Other duties as assigned by CEO, Winery Director, Estate General Manager, and Head Winemaker.
- Supports the Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Assists with work activities of Receiving Agents and Forklift Operators including the receiving, coordinating, and maintaining packaging materials (bottles, caps, labels, etc.).
- Assists in shipping/receiving and storage of raw materials and finished goods, for the winery, Wine club, tasting rooms, and national sales orders.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas
- Conduct bond inventory or regular intervals, including library and retail wine.
- Ensure that all bottling packaging receiving employees follow company policy, safety procedures including the use of proper PPE (gloves, eye protection, seatbelts, etc.).
- Continuously improves with respect to safety, waste, efficiencies, speed, quality, downtime, cost, and other performance measures.
- Observes recycling guidelines and limits the waste of materials and supplies.
- Provide support and back-up functions for the Warehouse Manager with regards to order fulfillment, shipping, and receiving of finished goods.
- Provide delivery for remote tasting room locations and wine club shipping.
- Has Forklift Certification or has the ability to obtain.
- Plan time-off requests in conjunction with the direct sales department schedule and Warehouse Manager to make sure there is proper coverage at all times.
- A current Driver’s License and a clean/good driving record.
- Highly-developed organizational and time management skills.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use Vin65, ShipCompliant, UPS WorldShip, Google Office Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and department-specific related software programs.
Must be able to:
- Lift 40lbs and navigate stairs and hilly terrain.
- Stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Multitask, work independently, and as part of a team.
- Work well behind the scenes using discretion and keeping all information confidential.
- Drive a forklift.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions appropriately