Love working with people? Passionate about wine? Willamette Valley Vineyards is looking for a Tasting Room Associate to join our team! This is a regular Part-time position working 16-28 hours per week.
Responsible for creating a world-class experience for guests by communicating the uniqueness of WVV with a consistent and impactful brand message while delivering excellent customer service by greeting customers, pouring wines for tasting, and promoting the sale of wine and non-wine products.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Greet visitors to the winery and pour wine for tasting.
- Promote the sale of wine, non-wine merchandise, and the Wine Club.
- Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions, which includes operating cash registers and accounting for daily sales throughout the day.
- Process wine orders.
- Maintain non-wine merchandise, which includes folding clothes, stocking shelves, etc.
- Maintain supply of clean glasses, washing and drying racks of glasses throughout the day.
- Maintain daily supplies, which include bags, wine carriers, shippers, brochures, etc.
- Expedites and runs food in absence of food runner.
- General housekeeping responsibilities, which include cleaning work area, wiping counters, dusting, busing tables, refilling water stations, etc.
- Assist with On-site events.
- Conducts daily tours as assigned
- Excellent, detail-oriented customer service & time management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, and build dynamics and synergy across departments
- A valid/current OLCC Server’s Permit & Food Handler’s Card or willing to obtain them.
- The ability to use point-of-sale (POS) systems, Google services, & Microsoft Office Suite.
Must be able to
- Able to stand for long periods of time & work in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to work peak tourism & traffic times including holidays, weekends, & evenings.
- Available to work on-site events.
- Flexible & willing to work in a continually changing environment
- Lift 40 lbs.