Are you a natural storyteller who is passionate about wine? This could be the position for you. Willamette Valley Vineyards is searching for an energetic, goal-oriented, sales-driven individual to join our National Sales team as a Key Account Specialist. The ideal candidate will have a year or two of sales experience and looking for a position to help grow their sales career and our company.
Key Account Specialists leads the winery's sales and marketing efforts in the assigned areas to increase placements, depletions, and create customers for life at all levels of distribution, sales and consumption through effective contact management. increases sales of Willamette Valley Vineyards products through national account restaurant, grocery, and chain off and on-premise placements and Identifies and executes on Direct Sales opportunities in the marketplace.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Leads wholesale sales efforts in assigned territory to increase sales, points of distribution, and brand awareness in on-premise, off-premise, and chain accounts.
- Identifies high potential accounts and chains and pursues the placements.
- Prepares, assists and/or makes presentations to on and off-premise accounts.
- Pursues authorizations, placements, floor stacks, cold box, displays, ads, etc.
- Performs staff training, incentives, tastings, dinners etc. to support and leverage placements.
- Performs demos in key accounts and coordinates with distributors on inventory.
- Conducts regular price surveys and alerts WCBM of inconsistencies or opportunities.
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining account inventories to support programs and avoid out-of-stocks.
- Builds relationships with distributor contacts within the territory and leverages for more or better placements, learns what motivates and drives reps, and provides feedback to WCBM.
- Assists in the communication & support of departmental goals for local distributors while in market
- Reviews specific distributor performance, goals & special programming prior to market work.
- Updates distributor contacts, account contacts, and brand champs in Greatvines.
- Makes travel arrangements for approved travel.
- Uses guidelines in the National Sales Pre-Travel Checklist, and the National Sales In-Market Sales Trip Checklist while planning and conducting business in a market.
- Completes and sends (email) a Trip Report, recaps, and expense report to appropriate distributor managers, work-with reps, WCBM, CEO and Sales Coordinator, and other market visit reports/documents per P&P’s.
Direct to Consumer Sales
- Plans and executes wine tastings, exposing wine enthusiasts to our brand.
- Follows up with customers to ensure wine was delivered and they are satisfied; pursues re-orders.
- Keeps database updated of all customer information and build a history. Include phone #, address, credit card #, wine preferences, frequency of purchases, gift buying info, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Mention these things when contacting them. Continually update customer information for accuracy. Take care of any duplicates in the point of sale system. Send duplicate account numbers to the manager to merge.
- Assures all orders are placed in a timely manner, shipping details sent to the customer, notes are placed in customer CRM accounts, and required Daily Tracking Sheet google doc is filled out.
- Sends correspondence cards to your clients; within reason. Sending personal touches like a handwritten thank you card, birthday card, anniversary card, etc will help to nurture your long term relationship.
- Create and hit monthly sales targets.
- Complies with WVV and National Sales Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures data and notes are saved in appropriate databases (GreatVines, WineDirect, Server).
- Presents wine dinners and in-store tastings as requested.
- Ensures key are on the annual gift list were permitted by their policies.
- Works with the marketing department to ensure events in the market are appropriately publicized.
- Creates an annual budget based on estimated market visits, potential incentives, sample utilization, etc.
- Ensures all travel and consumer-related events are on the National Sales & Master Calendar (if appropriate)
- Supports the Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
- A valid OLCC Permit
- Ability to multi-task and work independently or as part of a team.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups and making presentations.
- Computer literate, familiar with Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and willing to learn WVV’s POS, WineDirect, GreatVines, and other computer programs.
- Able to communicate through active listening skills and gather accurate insights into human behavior.
- Independently motivated to generate sales for Willamette Valley Vineyards.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Thorough understanding and genuine interest in the luxury wine business and terminology.
- Ability to educate customers about wine with passion, not pretension.