Willamette Wineworks is looking for an energetic, team player to join our fast-paced kitchen. This is an entry-level, part-time position working Friday, Saturday, and some Sundays as needed.
Maintain all kitchen operations, including but not limited to, preparing food, serving, cleaning, and preparing menus. Accurately and efficiently cooks and plates a wide variety of foods.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Supports the Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Order, stock, and prepare ingredients as necessary to prepare menu items.
- Order, Stock, and maintain sufficient levels of food-related products to ensure smooth service.
- Prepare food items prior to and during mealtime periods, usually alone or with minimal help
- Prepare/butcher a wide variety of meats, cheese, produce, and other food products on a daily basis.
- Create new and interesting dishes that pair with wine
- Maintain cleanliness of service areas such as kitchen, dining room, and service stations during entire shift.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Preps and serves for banquets, private dinners, and pairings dinners as needed.
- Implement portion and quality control standards of the menus and PAR levels.
- Collaborate with all department managers towards profitability and help drive the vision and mission of WVV.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- One to two years of related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to stand for the majority of the workday.
- Able to work in extreme heat, wet, cold, and humid conditions.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have highly developed organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, and build dynamics and synergy across departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communication skills.
- A valid/current Food Handler’s Card.