Love working with people? Passionate about wine? Willamette Wineworks is looking for a Tasting Room Assistant (Busser/Food Runner/Bar-back) to join our team! This position is a regular part-time position with a schedule averaging 15-20 hours per week.
Tasting Room Assistants are responsible for plating in-house food, delivering food and water to guests, and bussing tables - all in a hospitable, professional, and knowledgeable manner.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Delivering food to guests quickly and efficiently.
- Communicates clearly with the catering staff and front-of-house staff.
- Maintains ultimate cleanliness of the food prep areas, dining room, patio, bar, lounge, and service stations during the entire shift.
- Prepares in-house food items (such as cheese plates) as needed in a timely manner
- Cleans sanitizes and polishes glassware and dishes as needed
- Fills, Serves, and replenishes chilled water to guests throughout service
- Assists Tasting Room Associates with guest service tasks
- Prepares off-premise or wine club pick up orders for guests in a timely manner
- Maintains supply of silverware and napkin roll-ups in back of house
- Re-sets tables for service
- Supports Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- A valid/current Food Handler’s Card (or be willing to obtain one prior to start date).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Lift 40lbs and navigate stairs
- Work in a kitchen environment being exposed to heat, wet, cold, and humid conditions.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be professional, efficient, detail-oriented, and courteous.
- Stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.