Are you a natural storyteller who loves working with people? Are you passionate about Northwest wines? This is an exciting opportunity to grow your retail sales career in the wine industry. Our Maison Bleue location in Walla Walla is searching for an energetic Tasting Room Associate that is a team player and a customer-focused individual to join our team of wine enthusiasts!
Tasting Room Associates are responsible for creating a world-class, wine-focused experience for all tasting room guests and building and nurturing long term relationships with Maison Bleue and Pambrun customers and Wine Club Members for the purpose of wine sales.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Leads the sales experience of the Walla Walla Tasting Room with emphasis on creating a memorable experience for the customers, exceeding sales and Wine Club membership goals. Work the Tasting Room during peak demand and visitation times.
- Develop enhanced experience opportunities to drive visitation to the Tasting Room and differentiate our experience among the others in the region.
- Assist with the scheduling of the team, staff training, and performance improvement.
- Contribute to the department dashboard reporting key metrics of the Tasting Room performance.
- Maintain Tasting Room supplies and marketing materials.
- Maintain facilities including cleanliness, the orderliness of furnishings and displays, and address any maintenance and repair needs with your manager.
- Ensures inventory controls and monthly processes are followed in the Tasting Room, events, and wine storage facility.
- Maintains and updates Tasting Flights in collaboration with the manager with a focus on sales opportunity, seasonality, and inventory levels.
- Develops an annual calendar of winery events for on and off-site activities and helps plan and execute events in conjunction with the Winemaker and team. Events should be focused on high-end wine consumer exposure, lead collection, and direct sales. Add events to the calendar with email@example.com invited. Work with the marketing department in coordinating promotional efforts including email blasts, invitations, and other communications.
- Oversees social media accounts to brand standards with a focus on quality, premium wine content, and engagement.
- Supports the Company’s effort to create a more sustainable and “green” environment to improve the company’s positive impact on the environment.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Have a valid Food Handlers Permit & Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) permit.
- Must be willing to work peak demand and event days, which include weekends and some evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to travel to work off-site events as needed. Most travel will take place within Washington.
- Must have highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and as part of a team. Build team dynamics and synergy across departments. Optimize resource potential.
- Must be able to communicate through active listening skills and gather accurate insights into human behavior. Excellent interpersonal skills. Independently motivated to generate sales.
- Must be able to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Track all hours worked by using the timecard function in the payroll software.
- Ability to use standard CRM, POS systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding and genuine interest in luxury wine business and terminology.
- Ability to educate customers about wine with a passion, not pretension.