Café Yumm! has part-time and full-time openings on all shifts for Restaurant Shift Leaders at Cafe Yumm! PSU Rec Center on the Portland State University campus in Portland, OR.
Wages & Benefits for Part-time Hourly Team Members:
- Starting base wage $17.23/hour plus tips
- Free shift meals
- 20% discount benefit
- Company-paid sick leave
- 401(K) plan with employer match
- Subsidized training and certification (e.g., OLCC server permit and ServSafe)
- Discretionary bonuses
Wages & Benefits for Full-time Hourly Team Members:
All the benefits above PLUS:
- 100% company paid employee medical, dental, and life insurance
- 20 days of paid time off annually
- 11 paid holidays
Restaurant Leads help maintain workflow in the restaurant and ensure compliance with the highest standards of safety, service, cleanliness, food preparation, and food presentation. All Team Members are responsible for outstanding customer service, knowledge of all food and beverage products, learning all stations in the restaurant, proper equipment handling procedures, maintaining restaurant cleanliness, following all safety and sanitation procedures, and other tasks as assigned.
- A passion for excellence
- Superior communication skills
- Winning Smile
- Positive Attitude
- Available to work any shift, including evenings and weekends
Your Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid Oregon Food Handlers card
- Possess or be able to obtain an OLCC Server Permit
- Possess or be able to obtain a ServSafe Certificate with a passing score of at least 75%
- Possession of either High School Diploma or a GED certificate
- At least six (6) months experience as a waiter or waitress, cook, cashier, or host or hostess, or equivalent related experience is preferred. Preference is given to those who have worked at a Café Yumm! as a Team Member for at least three months.
- Local restaurant focused on sustainable, ethical, and healthy food
- Mission-centric and growing company that values Team Members as assets
- 23 locations across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho
- Expanding retail grocery business—our famous Yumm! Sauce® and fan-favorite Jalapeno Sesame Salsa
Café Yumm! Purpose
To nourish humanity and the world.
Café Yumm! Mission
To be the leader in providing exceptional products and services which promote a Soul satisfying…Deeply nourishing® lifestyle.
Café Yumm! Values
CY PSU Rec Center is an equal opportunity employer.
CY PSU Rec Center complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact People Operations at (541) 683-9866.