Job Description :
The role of this person is to manage the set up urban farming projects with a multicultural clientele within their work and living environment located in different boroughs of its region.
Under the supervision of the Farming Director, this person will also be responsible
for planning, installing, supervising and managing food production zones. The chief
urban farmer is also responsible to manage communication and clients account and
work in collaboration with the sales and marketing team. The goal of this position is
overviewing all urban farming operations in its region, raising awareness and
transferring knowledge in urban farming to this varied clientele.
Tasks and main responsibilities:
The person holding this position will be responsible for setting up urban farming
projects, managing clients’ accounts, supervising and monitoring each production area,
supporting and evaluating the urban farming activities of each urban farmer in their
This position requires working in concert with members of the MicroHabitat team in order
to contribute to the company's expansion around the world and the deployment of urban
farming in each of our cities. The person will also be responsible for leading educational
workshops in English for clients of all ages.
· Coordinate and prepare materials for installations.
· Carry out the installations and supervise the installation team during the installation
· Ensure and supervise the full maintenance of MicroHabitat urban farms and mobilize
members of these organizations by offering project information and horticultural advice.
· Perform quality insurance horticulture maintenance of urban farms.
· Perform all other related tasks (harvesting, cuttings, watering, tying up tomato plants,
controlling pests and weeds, cleaning crops, delivering crops).
· Carry out educational activities with MicroHabitat clients.
Representation and administration:
· Host information kiosks and workshops in English on urban farming for clients of all ages.
· Attend team, partners and client meetings.
· Write reports and document the activities of each of the production sites.
· Perform all other related tasks related to purchasing and maintaining MicroHabitat
tools and infrastructure.
· Perform quality assurance infrastructure visits of rooftops and ground farms.
· Participate in the creation of standardization documents and training guides for the
·Work directly with the different branches of the company (sales and marketing) as well
as the other cities where MicroHabitat operate.
· Participate in grant research and filling.
· Participate and manage all the different steps in the implementation of our food
· Facilitate and participate in the implementation of urban farming projects in its region.
· Coordinate and prepare for installations, weekly maintenance visits and closing
events of the food production spaces.
· Carry out horticultural activities with clients.
· Ensure the maintenance of all MicroHabitat food production spaces.
· Perform all other related tasks (harvesting, cutting, fertilizing, watering, tying up
tomato plants, pest and weed control, crop cleaning, crop delivery).
· Ensure that safety guidelines are respected in every area that touches the
· Ensure that cleanliness is maintained at all times, in all food production areas, as well
as in every one of MicroHabitats clients spaces and its own.
· Ensure that all operation reports are filed.
· Participate in operational process improvement.
· Schedule and coordinate food production site visits.
· Make sure that the operations are maintaining cleanliness at all times, in all food
production areas, as well as in every one of MicroHabitats’ clients spaces and its own.
Operational logistical management
· Purchasing and procurement, inventory tracking, inventory tracking optimization.
· Company needs assessing
· Scout, acquire, maintain, assess and track all the necessary infrastructure needed for
the MicroHabitat operations.
· Plan for MicroHabitat’s physical expansion to support our growing market and pool of
Client experience and marketing
· Ensure the project coordination and client management of all accounts in its region.
· Send out communications, marketing materials and content to clients.
· Ensure the satisfaction and retention of every client and potential client.
· Ensure that all operation reports are filed and shared with partners as well as clients.
· Participate in client satisfaction process improvement.
· Participate in marketing content gathering for the marketing and sales team.
· Make sure the MicroHabitat brand shines on every aspect of the business throughout
· Collaborate with other chief farmers and sales team to ensure client satisfaction and
growth of clients’ accounts and MicroHabitat.
Human resource management:
· Support the MicroHabitat team in the hiring process of the installation and urban
· Supervise the MicroHabitat team to carry out the installations during the installation
· Track, evaluate and assess employees’ needs and performance.
· Follow-up on employee reports with director of operation and other concerned
members of the team.
• Prepare the MicroHabitat infrastructure, vehicles and inventory storage for winter.
· Handle other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by the team during
· Ensure the satisfaction of every client and potential client.
· Ensure that all operation reports are filed
· Participate in operational process improvement
· Undergo a Linkedin transformation, in order to represent the company in a matter that
will standardize your image with the rest of the team and maximize your potential
growth within the company.
· Lead generation work in support to the sales team.
Application period: As soon as possible
Interview period: As soon as possible
First day at work: TBD
Salaire et Avantages / Salary and Benefits:
Salary and Benefits
· Starting date: As soon as possible
· Duration: Full-time position
· Salary: 45 000$ per year
· Yearly salary includes 20 days of paid vacation per year (1 month per year)
·Vacation period to be discussed with the management team.
· Bonus of 1000$ for the retention of 90% of our customers in your area from one season to another
+ Paid company phone
+ MicroHabitat health insurance plan.
Normal work schedule high season : Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. with a 1 hour
Normal work schedule low season: Monday-Friday 9 a.m - 5 p.m with a 1 hour
Possibility overtime during the high season.
For any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Alexandre Ferrari-
Roy at (438) 476-5273 extension 3
Compétences recherchées / Skills sought:
· Good mobilization capacity.
· Participatory leadership.
· Have a vision and passion for urban agriculture and sustainable development.
· Interpersonal skills, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Autonomy, versatility and resourcefulness.
· Sense of initiative, organization and priority management.
· Good capacity for popularization and transmission of knowledge.
· Patience, empathy and generosity.
· Good physical condition.
· Ability in group animation and management.
Exigences / Requirements:
· Hold a College or university degree in agriculture and/or urban agriculture and/or
horticulture and/or environmental science and/or sustainable development.
· Must have worked or studied in the field of agriculture, horticulture, urban agriculture
or sustainable development.
· Have theoretical and practical knowledge in agriculture, urban agriculture or
· Have experience in mobilization and workshop facilitation.
· Must have experience and be comfortable frequently using technological tools such
as a smartphone, the Microsoft Office suite, the Google suite and video conferencing
platforms (ex: Zoom, Google Meet, etc. ).
· Have good writing and speaking skills.
· Possess a valid driving license.
· Have two years of driving experience.
· Own a functional smartphone.
· Have a vaccine passport