The Operations Manager is a leadership role that will help grow the Birds of Paradise brand in Singapore and beyond. From hiring and building a best-in-class service team, to systemising operational processes, your leadership will inspire our team to make our boutiques the best place to work and visit.
At Birds of Paradise Gelato Boutique, our values of Quality, Balance, Trust, Care, and Delight guide us in working towards our vision and mission.
Vision: To make the world a better place
Mission: Delight our customers; Nurture our staff; Contribute to the community
- Meet company’s goals by leading and managing a team of full-time supervisors and part-time crew.
- Meet company’s goals by making every Birds of Paradise boutique a great place to visit, taking great care of every customer touchpoint, and that every aspect of operations in all outlets, e-commerce and back-of-house are in good health and running smoothly every day.
- Inspire, motivate and enable team to work towards a best-in-class service
- Build a culture of care, trust and delight within the team, boutiques and community
- Develop strategies to enhance customers’ and colleagues' boutique and e-commerce experience
- Develop, implement and optimize operational systems for all moving parts of the business (e.g. boutique operations and back-end logistics) to improve productivity, efficiency, and accuracy
- Plan and manage resources to optimize budget for effective operations without compromising on standards.
- Develop workplans for the department.
Ensure implementation and regulatory standards met
- Ensure all processes adhere to company’s and all regulatory standards.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review systems
- Write and update SOPs
- Collaborate and work well with other teams in the company and with partners
- Collaborate with Social Media/ Design/ Marketing team in creating content and visual communications for boutiques and social media when needed
Requirements / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the F&B/retail industry or min. 3 years of experience in F&B /retail operations management or similar role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (excel, word) and Google Suites (google doc, google sheet)
- Hybrid of office and shift hours (including weekends and public holidays) (5-day work week)
- Diploma or higher
We are looking for someone who is / with
- A high standard of integrity, professionalism and work ethic.
- Strong leadership abilities to lead the team and company in operations
- An effective communicator who can communicate company’s purpose, goals and values, and translate them into action plans.
- A team-player and team-builder with strong collaborative skills, emotional quotient, empathy, and who is able to work well with others in different departments or contexts, as well as develop the people within the team.
- An optimiser who can optimise processes by seeing gaps, proposing efficient solutions.
- An innovator and problem-solver who is resourceful and can think of better ways to solve problems.
- A strong technical knowledge and know-how in store operations and can adapt processes for best fit.
- A passion for customer service with a customer-centric and values-driven approach.
- A warm, outgoing, positive and caring personality
- Excited about growth and would like to be a part of the Birds of Paradise team to grow and take this brand to the next level.
- A Birds of Paradise ambassador who embodies and believes in our values and mission