Pay is based on experience
LOVE WHAT YOU DO!
Do you have a passion for health care and a passion for life? If so, join the team that is committed to providing excellence in nursing and life-changing care! Horizon Home Health & Hospice is looking for home health nurses in the Meridian, Idaho area who are compassionate, have strong clinical skills and enjoy being a part of an amazing team. To learn more about Horizon Home Health & Hospice, please visit www.horizonhh.com.
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides direct patient care as defined in State’s Nurse Practice Act.
2. Implements plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
3. Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
4. Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
5. Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, and Dietician) to the registered nurse and/or Assistant Director of Nursing or Director of Nursing.
6. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
7. Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties
and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
(Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. Must have completed a requisite practical (vocational) nursing program or be licensed in the state where the HHA is located.
2. Has three years nursing experience preferred. Community/home health or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
3. Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse in the state.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good working order.
7. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.