Pay is based on experience and degree
LOVE WHAT YOU DO!
Do you have a passion for health care and a passion for life? If so, join the team that is committed to providing excellence in nursing and life-changing care! Horizon Home Health & Hospice is looking for a social worker in the Mountain Home, Idaho area who are compassionate, have strong clinical skills and enjoy being a part of an amazing team. To learn more about Horizon Home Health & Hospice, please visit www.horizonhh.com.
The medical social worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
1. Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group. Provides an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assistance when this is not safe and another plan is required.
2. Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings. Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties.
3. Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
4. Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
5. Provides information to patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
6. Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
7. Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
8. Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
9. Maintains and assists the volunteer coordinator in establishing a need for volunteer services with the patient and family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
10. Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings.
11. Adhering to the organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
12. Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues.
13. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
14. Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Supervisor .
LSW licensed in the State of Idaho - Bachelors or Masters Level
Valid Driver's License
Home Health and Hospice experience preferred
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description. The employer for this position is stated in the job posting.