Down the Street Eats is a restaurant group based in and around Winter Park, Colorado. We believe in having great food and great service at all of our locations.
We just have one problem: there is a lot of hungry guests looking for some delicious bites! We specialize in small plates and elevated comfort food.
This is where you come in. The Sous Chef will be a key leader in ensuring we can continue our awesome restaurant operation. You will be hands on prepping, cooking, and leading a team. You will need to enjoy working in a fast paced and upbeat environment.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Ensuring the highest quality food and presentation standards for every guest every time!
- Assisting with strict management of food purchasing and inventory control.
- Assisting in training and managing kitchen staff in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control, sanitation and cleanliness.
- Maintaining a high sense of urgency during peak production times.
- Efficient and consistent execution of recipes and daily specials.
- Create an environment that fosters creativity, education, personal and professional development.
- Assist the GM and management team with a hiring strategy and making employment and termination decisions including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training. Also, evaluating, reviewing, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate. You are a key role in the development of your team!
- Knowledge of the location's personnel policies and standards and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any violation of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including inventory, ordering, forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and preventative maintenance plans.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from vendors, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Most importantly – Have fun while providing the best service possible to our guests!
Skills Needed to Win:
- 1 year experience working in a scratch kitchen
- 2 years experience managing a small team (4-6 people)
- Ability to develop and implement processes to increase efficiency
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours!) and have the stamina to work 45 - 55 hours per week consistently
About Down The Street Eats:
- We are a privately owned company founded in 2005 by Tim Hubbard.
- We run on EOS or the Entrepreneurial Operating System which ensures we all share the same vision, continue to gain traction and grow, and keeps our company healthy and functional.
- We believe in positive attitudes, consistency, hard work, and growth and these are core values that we all hold dear and live out each and every day.
By the way, we like to have fun and provide some great perks and benefits too! Here is what you can expect:
- A free Winter Park Resort Season Pass
- Generous PTO and paid sick time off
- Health Insurance Match
- 50% Off Meals at All Locations
- Flexible Schedules
- A Birthday Bonus
- Housing available
- A Company who appreciates you!