NOTE: This is an unpaid internship. For wage & salary info, please see https://nationalwestern.com/about/internship/.
The Rodeo Operations team plans and produces twenty-nine (29) ticketed rodeo events, including three (3) Colorado vs the World Rodeos, twenty (20) PRCA Pro Rodeos, three (3) Professional Bull Ridings (PBR), two (2) Mexican Rodeo Extravaganzas, and one (1) MLK Heritage Rodeo. The Rodeo Operations interns will be exposed to many aspects of rodeo planning, production, and logistics. Ideal candidates are self-starters, adaptable, customer service savvy, punctual, and professional.
Interns will help with the general production and planning of Colorado vs. the World, PRCA, PBR, MLK, and Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza rodeos by assisting in pre-event logistics; assisting rodeo personnel during performances; supporting rodeo volunteers; and assisting in rodeo education activities. Responsibilities may also include assisting in the creation of day sheets, updating rodeo results, coordinating logistics of features, and various other rodeo production functions.
- Eager to learn & take initiative
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask & problem-solve
- Copes well under pressure
- Comfortable working both independently and with a team
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Rodeo interns may also support rodeo media, horse show, sponsorship and various other functions of the National Western during their internship.
These interns will need to be available to work from December 27, 2023 – January 22, 2024. Daily hours may exceed eight (8) hours leading up to and during the NWSS, with late nights and weekends required. The start date may be adjusted earlier based on availability and proximity to Denver, CO.