Reports To: Director of Residential Services
Salary Band: Band A- Full Time /Part -time /PRN
The Guest Service Agent will provide program support services either in the morning, evening, overnight, or weekend depending on shift designated by supervisor. Provide welcoming, attentive customer service to our clients through utilization of knowledge and proficiency in all aspects of GSA duties. Position is responsible for expanding their knowledge of services available for target population through continuing education (training) opportunities and willingness to learn new tasks. This position must maintain the security and confidentiality needed for this type of specialized program. The Guest Service Agent must be available to intervene in conflict or crisis situations and is responsible for maintaining documentation, ensuring the smooth operation of programs during their assigned hours. The Guest Service Agency will work with other staff and volunteers to create a supportive community, helping to meet the needs of each resident.
CURRENT SHIFTS: PRN & PART -TIME SATURDAY & SUNDAY
FIRST SHIFT 7AM-3:30PM
SECOND SHIFT 3PM-11:30PM
THIRD SHIFT 11:00PM- 7:30AM
- High school diploma with a minimum of two (2) years of experience or social services experience in a recovery environment will be considered.
- Strong organizational skills and commitment to substance abuse and disease concept focused treatment models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Word and other Software Packages
- Promote exceptional customer service for our guests/clients during all stages of their visit
- Function as a team member at all times by communicating effectively and diplomatically, being approachable and willing to assist coworkers, maintaining a positive and proactive attitude, and promoting interdepartmental communication and cooperation
- Provide service tickets and/or directions on where and how to access services at GWC
- Manage phone system and properly direct incoming calls
- Provide appropriate referrals to community services based on client request(s)
- Maintain a shift log of activities.
- Assess and respond to resident crises or conflicts.
- Assess and manage emergencies according to Gateway Center’s emergency protocol.
- Identify appropriate responses to emergency protocol triggers.
- Identify when external assistance is needed and contact appropriate party (i.e. supervisor, law enforcement, medical assistance, etc.).
- Monitor the safety and security of the facility and/or dorms.
- Participate in the ongoing development of shelter safety and emergency
- Work to increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gateway Center offers benefits to all Full Time Employees.
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability and long term Disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Three paid Mental Wellness days
- Two Paid Personal days
- Paid leave on your Birthday