JOB DESCRIPTION: Isolation Medic
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Salary Band: Band A- Full Time (40 HRS)
Under the direction of the Site Supervisor perform Intake Assessments and Provide onsite support with regards to monitoring symptoms of clients placed in the Georgia Department of Public Health Isolation hotel. Assure all intake and medical information is documented using the Departments required platforms.
The Georgia Department of Public Health's Isolation Hotel(s) are used to house individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID- 19; been exposed to COVID-19 and do not have the ability to isolate or quarantine on their own.
• Georgia licensed paramedic, ACLS and BLS (Required)
• Organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment are required
• Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
• Experience working with vulnerable populations
• Experience in homeless services (preferred)
• Conduct intake assessments on new guest(s) assigned to the hotel. Determining if the guest meets the qualifications to stay at the facility. (Can self-medicate and perform ADL’S)
• Work in close partnership with DPH and Core staff for the purposes of sharing information relative to client health monitoring and other information as needed.
• Assist with chart and documentation review to ensure continuous quality improvement
• May assist with training staff on proper use of PPE (donning & doffing)
• Monitor staff use of PPE to ensure compliance
• May serve as “floater” monitoring activity throughout hotel
• Assist and coordinate with local emergency responders called for a guest or employee of the hotel.
• Assist in coordination with partner behavioral health providers to coordinate behavioral health care.
• Will report all safety and security concerns to onsite security staff.
• Will document and report all issues and concerns that may arise during the shift.
• Will participate in discharge planning.
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.