Reports To: Director of Residential Services
Salary Band: Part -time
This part-time Gateway Center custodian will be responsible for the over cleaning of the staff offices in the administration area of The Evolution Center, all common areas and shared classroom, training and office spaces. The custodian will work with the staff to make sure they have any necessary access to spaces that need to cleaned during their work shift. The custodian will also be responsible for maintaining proper stock of all supplies and making sure that any necessary supplies are available for staff working evenings, nights or weekends. This position will work closely with the Gateway custodian and be familiar with both buildings.
This position will be under the direct supervision of the Facilities Director.
• Skilled in use of both low and high speed buffer / burnisher
• Able to use a walk-behind floor scrubber
• Experience in stripping, waxing and maintaining Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT)
• Able bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 75 pounds
• Able to use all necessary cleaning chemicals provided by Gateway
• Work with and provide guidance to clients and RI’s who are interested in learning floor care and custodial skills
• Effective communication skills
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Dust and vacuum and empty trash in all required spaces daily
• Police the parking lot and sidewalk area for trash
• Maintain adequate stock of all cleaning supplies
• Keep storage area and cleaning cart well stocked and orderly
• Strip and wax all VCT and Stained Concrete floors in the building
• Maintain floors using proper equipment
• Maintain chemicals needed for floor care, and maintain a proper inventory of floor care supplies
• Shampoo and clean carpets in offices and common areas as needed
• Care for and maintain floor care equipment
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment for all staff and clients
• Other required duties may be assigned by the supervisor including -but not limited to- setting up for special events, ground care and light yard work, etc.
• Custodian will also be required to be available to assist with cleaning at either facility
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.