Reports To: Facilities Director
Salary: Full Time (40 HRS)
Gateway Center is a leading provider of homeless services in metro Atlanta. To support the 347 residents in our programs, transportation services are provided to aid in linking clients to medical providers; community events/activities; outpatient treatment services; and for the provision of street outreach to those that are homeless. The Transportation Agent is responsible for transporting authorized clients of the Gateway Center to and from authorized appointments, visits, events or errands.
- High school diploma with a minimum of two (2) years of experience serving as a driver
- Required to have a Georgia CDL w/Passenger Endorsement
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Word and other Software Packages
- Flexibility (may require some evenings and weekend work)
- Promote exceptional customer service for our guests/clients during all stages of their transport
- Function as a team member at all times by communicating effectively and diplomatically, being approachable and willing to assist coworkers, maintaining a positive and proactive attitude, and promoting interdepartmental communication and cooperation
- Drive agency vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Must follow all traffic laws and posted speed limits, even at the expense of arriving late to their destinations.
- Prompt in keeping appointments and adhering to agreed upon schedules. Keeping in mind that schedules do fall behind due to unforeseen events
- Abide by the GWC’s policies on Confidentiality
- Report as soon as possible any problems or concerns regarding a specific client or transportation request.
- Inform the Facilities Director of vacations, illness etc. that would necessitate a substitute driver, with as much advance notice as possible
- Provide services only those transportation requests authorized by Facilities Director or CEO
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers
- Notify direct supervisor of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.