Reports To: Facilities Director
Salary Band: Part -time
Reporting to the Director of Facilities this is the entry level position. As a Maintenance Tech, the employee carries out an expanding range of professional Maintenance assignments in a developing capacity. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the base building systems supporting Gateway Center’s facility. This position also performs furnishings modifications, small moves and repairs to existing furnishings, event planning support, and responds to maintenance requests for facility needs.
This position will be under the direct supervision of the Facilities Director.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, building construction or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years in facilities management
- HVAC Certification is highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Success with change management and culture shifts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility (may require some evenings and weekend work)
- Resolve all facilities’ issues as assigned by work order system in accordance with key performance indicators.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Complies with Gateway Center’s Policy and Procedures.
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed
- Inspect buildings, grounds, rooftops and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system repairs, upgrades or replacements.
- Execute small moves.
- Maintain lock and key inventory system and tracking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assure each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the supervisor using approved communication programs and standards.
- Display advanced ability to read standard blue prints and electrical schematics concerning plumbing and HVAC.
- Display above average engineering operations skills and strong general mechanical ability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gateway Center offers benefits to all Full Time Employees.
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability and long term Disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Three paid Mental Wellness days
- Two Paid Personal days
- Paid leave on your Birthday