JOB DESCRIPTION: Isolation Resident Assistant (Temporary)
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Salary Band: Band A- Full Time (40 HRS)
Under the direction of the Site Supervisor your challenge will be to provide on-site support to individuals experiencing homelessness that are recovering from the effects of COVID-19 in designated isolation units. The Georgia Department of Public Health's Isolation Hotel(s) are used to house individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID- 19; been exposed to COVID-19 and do not have the ability to isolate or quarantine on their own.
This is a contracted, shift-work position that is expected to last 4-6 months. This person will be expected to work outside of standard business hours and possibly beyond 40 hours/week, if needed, with approval. This position is considered an essential employee and will have to work at the isolation unit.
Shifts are 8.30 hours per shift position (7:00am – 3:30pm, 3:00pm-11:30pm, 11:00pm-7:30am) with a maximum of 4 shifts a week.
• High energy and a passion for the Gateway mission and goals
• Experienced in Case Management (preferred)
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment are required
• Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
• Experience working with vulnerable populations
• Willingness to work in close proximity of individuals recovering from the effects of COVID-19
• Associate Degree or relevant field experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Experience in homeless services (preferred)
• May assist with the completion of Intake Questionnaire for each Client going into Isolation Unit
• May meet basic needs of individuals experiencing homelessness that are recovering from the effects of COVID-19.
• Complete daily wellness checks
• Create and maintain list of current Guests
• Will support on-site security staff by making regular rounds throughout the Isolation Unit to identify any safety or security concerns.
• Will report all safety and security concerns to on-site security staff.
• Will document all issues and concerns that may arise in the isolation unit and share same Site Supervisor.
• May assist in the coordination of discharge planning activities
• Will work in close proximity to individuals recovering from the effects of COVID-19
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.