a team member of 4505 Burgers and BBQ you can feel and taste the love. Our food is prepared with humanely raised animals and made with love. Our team members enjoy one free meal per shift. We foster a sense of community by caring for each other and showing that together we succeed better. We know adulting is hard and to show you (we got your back) (love and support) we offer you commuter benefits and medical benefits. All employees enjoy a discount to enjoy our delicious sustainable food even when they are not working. On the subject of not working, we know that while you are in the store or in the office you’ll be working hard. But we want you to enjoy yourself and not worry about adulting too much when you are off, we offer our managers unlimited paid time off (PTO) and the rest of our team members accrued PTO as well as paid holidays.
Community is at the core of what we do. We partner and support our community through local nonprofits, children’s programs, families and food. We are a growing business because we engage and support our people and sustainable business practices. We work hard and we take pride in our work, but we never forget that we work hard with laughter and a smile! Eat Good Do Good have fun and come join us!
Reports to | DO, GM, AGM, Chef, Sous Chef, Shift Leader
To provide an exceptional level of customer service by supporting the guest experience at the cashier POS station. To support the restaurant’s operations in any area necessary including running food, cleaning tables, maintaining drinks and water, greeting and interacting with guests, explaining our menu and ensuring an overall positive and exciting guest experience. To ensure a successful and pleasant guest interaction at the cashier station. To ensure accurate, smooth, and streamlined order taking and payment processing.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cashier duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to this overview,
• Have strong multitasking skills.
• Be knowledgeable, informed, and current on our menu offerings.
• Clear, clean, wipe, and reset tables.
• Manage a line of guests, enter orders swiftly and accurately, process payments and provide direction to guest.
• Maintain clean and organized service areas.
• Be knowledgeable on our beverage options.
• Responsible service of alcohol, check and verify valid ID’s for purchase of alcohol, pour beverages as ordered.
• Give prompt and courteous response to guest and supervisor requests.
• Optimize and maintain equipment and report malfunctions.
• Stock and clean restrooms frequently throughout service.
• Anticipate guest and team member needs.
• Guide guest to our order counter, waiting, and seating area.
• Communicate with management when supplies are low.
• Communicate in a professional, positive, and respectful manner with all team members and guests.
• Attend required meetings and participate in team trainings.
• Assist in cleaning projects, deep cleaning, cleaning up irregular messes including back areas, restrooms, guest areas, employee areas, stock rooms, coolers, sweeping.
• Must be available for day and evening shifts including weekends and holidays.
• Have a flexible schedule for two shifts per week on average.
• Have a passion for the sustainable food and hospitality industry.
• Professional demeanor and appearance are required.
• Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
• Able to reach, bend, stoop.
• Ability to understand and explain menu items including beer and wine offerings.
• Ability to communicate menu offerings successfully over the phone.
• Work in a fast pace environment under high pressure circumstances.
• Ability to communicate successfully with team members and guests.
• Enter and navigate the POS system.
• Be at least 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Accurate and fast cash handling and payment handling abilities.
• ServSafe food handling certification.
• Work in a team environment to provide an excellent guest experience.
• Be punctual.
• Communicate with kindness and respect.
• Ability to adhere and follow a rigorous training.
• Responsible service of alcohol, carry heavy hot dishes, move at a fast pace.
• Ability to communicate, accommodate and serve families with small children.
• Ability to take and execute direction professionally and successfully from all supervisory team members.
• Hard working and self-motivated.
• Strong background in restaurant 2 years’ experience preferred.
This position requires multi-tasking and orchestrating several tasks at one time. It may require working late hours, week nights, weekend nights, and holidays. Working in crowds and navigating trays, hot dishes with hot food through crowded environment may be required. This position may require employees to work in a small space with high temperature and hot surfaces. This position may require working outside in direct sunlight, windy conditions, and exposed to birds. This position may require working in cold temperatures with cold surfaces. Working under high stress circumstances may be required. Working in a loud environment with several conversations, music, and outside noise. Managing several back to back orders, manage crowds, and serve drinks and provide direction. Skid and slip resistant foot wear and appropriate clothing may be required. This position may require working mostly outside exposed to outside temperatures and weather including possible rain. This position may expose employees to car horns, car exhaust fumes from the street, and to homeless individuals. The working conditions of this position may expose employee to close proximity to a marijuana shop and/or a children’s school playground.
This position requires standing for extended periods of time in some instances the entirety of the shift not to include break periods and meal periods. This may include standing in one fixed spot for several hours working cash register, POS system, and beverage dispensing machines. Working under hot temperatures near hot cooking surfaces. It may require heavy lifting occasionally and working with sharp utensils. It may require the individual to work in cold temperatures. Handle frozen food and handle food that may be contaminated such as raw food and seafood. Handle beer and wine. Standing on cement hard surfaces for extended periods of time. Standing near the kitchen and on kitchen mats. Walking, working, standing, cleaning, and navigating on gravel may be required. May be required to handle difficult employees, difficult guests, homeless individuals, and assist with any other critical operational demand.