LINE COOK - Full-Time or Part-Time
- Employee Discount
- 401k (Full Time)
- PTO (Full Time)
- Medical Insurance (Full Time)
- Dental Insurance (Full Time)
- Life Insurance (Full Time)
- Visions Insurance (Full Time)
We are looking for a professional Cook interested in a long-term career in the culinary industry to join our team. Our Cooks are the backbone of our kitchen, ensuring the consistent and steady completion of meals that meet or exceed expectations for our customers in a high-intensity environment. A successful Cook can work collaboratively with their team, take direction, and play a key role in contributing to our customer's overall satisfaction.
- Prepare and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinnertime meals as instructed by the shift’s lead chef in a timely enough manner to meet our customer satisfaction standards.
- Rotate daily (and during scheduled shifts) from various stations to perform different tasks, such as entrée, side dish, dessert and appetizer prep, plate garnishing, and food portioning.
- Work in conjunction with other line cooks and kitchen staff to ensure that food is rotated on schedule from freezers and walk-ins to prep areas and then on to the line for cooking.
- Assist with shift changeover to ensure that customers’ orders are filled before leaving.
- Always maintain a clean and sanitary working environment by observing kitchen rules and our chef’s personal requirements.
- Ensure that all cooking, prep, and food handling areas and surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized at the end of every workday.
- Attend required training classes to augment your cooking skills as required by our team of chefs.
- Familiarize yourself with proper food handling regulations as well as contamination controls.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant culinary qualification and experience in either a hotel, resort, or quality restaurant
- Sufficient education and literacy needed to identify and read product labels and to communicate with guests about job-related needs
- Ability to read write and speak, and communicate in basic English preferred
- Serv Safe certifications (can be acquired after employment)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently while under pressure
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain personal and kitchen hygiene
- Knowledge of kitchen operations
- Knowledge of proper sanitation methods
- Knowledge of proper food storage
- Ability to use sharp knives safely and proficiently
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to meet physical demands such as lifting at least 50 lbs. as well as standing on your feet for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to sustain frequent walking, bending, stooping and lifting
- Exposure to fast-paced, high-temperature, and noisy environment
- Occasional prolonged visual attention
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all duties and responsibilities.